1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter Killed Live on Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by youknowme, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that. There's a reason why you see so many shootings in "gun free zones". If this guy thought that his target might not be defenseless, he probably doesn't attack.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Less likely to be killed actually

3. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Reports coming in from the Virginia State Police Scanner feed that the suspect's (Vester Lee Flanagan aka: Bryce Williams) car was found at the Roanoke Airport. He was not with the vehicle. They now appear to be looking for a cream colored Dodge Charger or tan Chevy Impala.

Link:
    http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/5431/web

#103 rcoleman15, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only if the intent wasn't to kill you. If the intent was to kill you, you're almost certainly dead if defenseless. If the intent was simple robbery, sure, if defenseless and you cooperate, you might only get robbed.

5. sew

sew Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BreakingNews?src=hash">#BreakingNews</a> 42 year old male Vester Flanagan is the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WDBJ?src=hash">#WDBJ</a> shooting suspect. He is the guy in the middle. <a href="http://t.co/zDv0AD7Y1B">pic.twitter.com/zDv0AD7Y1B</a></p>&mdash; Kobi J A VanBennekom (@kobijv) <a href="https://twitter.com/kobijv/status/636553566874800128">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

love triangle?

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

i don't like this way of thinking. if he got it legally, its like welp we are hopeless so why even go there. lets say he got it legally, and we find out he is mentally ill. maybe we look into why he was able to get that gun legally?

and how do we determine who is mentally ill in the first place? most people don't even goto the doctor unless of an emergency, if that. should we test everybody before they get a job or something like yearly evaluations? how do we make sure everybody gets checked out?

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

If you were any one of the three people shot you would not have had a chance. And no car chase.

9. sew

sew Member

WOW. https://twitter.com/bryce_williams7

THis is the suspects twitter, he just posted a video of him walking up to Alison and Mark with a gun. IT IS ****ED.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="http://t.co/vvHjYKNdWk">pic.twitter.com/vvHjYKNdWk</a></p>&mdash; Bryce Williams (@bryce_williams7) <a href="https://twitter.com/bryce_williams7/status/636557256088264704">August 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I hope this doesn't come off wrong, but it's so strange to me that these days in the wake of tragedy, people go to Twitter or some social media outlet. I mean right away. Just very weird to me. I can see that sometimes it's part of their coping mechanism, getting your thoughts out, to grieve, etc. Sometimes, it doesn't seem like that at all.

I've always thought all real sincere thoughts are conveyed in person, not some broadcast over the internet. The same reason I get annoyed by social media posts from people professing their love to someone or their children. Ummm...go tell them in person, why are you doing this on FB, oh I know why...

12. sew

sew Member

^ DONT GO TO THE TWITTER FEED, HE UPDATED IT WITH THE ACTUAL MURDER.. I CANT EDIT MY POSTS TO TAKE DOWN

13. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What does it matter when it's a non-starter. The NRA and many on the right will not entertain facts or reasons with the non-starter altitude. When that change, we can have a serious discussion on being a more gun-smart society.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Wow. He put it up on twitter. What a piece of ****

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's about the only thing that can be done unless you think people are going to agree to strip an article from the bill of rights. If guns exist, people will use them to kill others if they have the desire to do so. You either work to prevent the desire to kill others or you chalk it up as a casualty of the game.

Personally I think we just need to accept that life is dangerous, any moves we'd make would be a step towards a police state.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

At least they are going to get this trash. I was thinking this was going to be one of those ones where there were no witnesses and they find no suspects. The camera catching him was classic "Jaws" footage where the camera drops to the ocean floor and captures the close-up shark shot. Great way for a terrible crime to end.

Edit: Oh...damn...he put it up on Twitter? Just "WOW!".

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ok, that I'm not watching.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

What the...this is horrifying. :(

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not clicking on that Twitter. He's obviously getting off on the attention