1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr Robot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, May 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

Breaking bad with computers.

2. VanityHalfBlack

They should have gotten this guy to play white rose
    [​IMG]

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The overrating is ridiculous atm

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

However now they gave replay value.
    Spoiler

So Mr.robot is dead im guessing, or either he is real and Eliot is not or vice versa.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yeah I definitely did not see that twist coming, it makes her 'odd' behavior early on seem a lot less odd. I hope the season finishes strong.

6. VanityHalfBlack

I really hope this doesn't turn into a 'fight club' scenario where it's him the whole time. That's very unoriginal and lame as hell. Schizophrenia has been done a billion times in movies. I want real and intriguing characters, and this show has that by the spades. Please don't ruin it with that angle.

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

DONALD
    Okay, there's this serial killer, right? No, wait. See, he's being hunted by a cop. And he's taunting the cop, right? Sending clues who his next victim is. He's already holding her hostage in his creepy basement. So the cop gets obsessed with figuring out her identity, and in the process he falls in love with her. Even though he's never even met her. She becomes, like, the unattainable, like the Holy Grail.

CHARLIE
    It's a little obvious, don't you think?

DONALD
    Okay, but there's a twist. See, we find out the killer suffers from multiple personality disorder. Okay? See, he's really also the cop and the girl. All of them. It's all him! Isn't that crazy?

CHARLIE
    Look, the only idea more overused than serial killers, is multiple personality. On top of that you explore the notion that cop and criminal are really two aspects of the same person. See every cop movie ever made for other examples of this.

DONALD
    Mom called it psychologically taut.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think this episode showed that this is not the case.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

^^^

Whoops. Misread what you wrote. Either way...I don't mind. Many things get repeated time and time again, but if they're done well in interesting ways, it still can be very effective.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll be surprised if it isn't the case. I think most of us picked up on it in the second episode.

The sister thing surprised me though. I was wondering why the blond chick and the hacker girl were doing ballet all of sudden. I thought they just built a relationship off screen during the month time skip...

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, I misread his post. I agree it was fairly obvious from the get-go, but it was still handled in a way that made the twist feel effective, at least for me.

The sister thing and Mr. Robot working with Tyrell were both interestings twists as well. All around great episode, in my opinion.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think blondie and the sister have been long time friends as she has been with Eliot, but since the story is told thru Eliot, hes the one who cant remember so its not shown.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Love this show. Really mind boggling all the stuff that was revealed in the latest episode.

So is it true then that his dad isn't actually there and is only in his head and he's basically just seeing a dead man without realizing it? One of the clues that I just never really noticed until tonight is that no one person has been seen talking to both him and the dad at the same time.

#153 ItsMyFault, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  14. nono

nono Member

Every character in this show is good. The weakest actress is the girl playing Angela but she isnt really bad herself and has a relatively small role. The acting by the lead is amazing especially in the scene with the big real. Both him and Darlene acted really well
    in that scene.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It was only after the reveal that Elliot and Darlene are brother and sister, the ballet scene made sense. Angela and Elliot have been best friends since childhood so I would expect Angela would have a relationship with Darlene.

We have all picked up on the clues that Mr. Robot might not be there or Elliot is doing The Tyler Durden thing from Fight Club. I think the show wants us to believe this is the case. I think we are expecting it to be the case. Now I'm wondering (hoping) it's just a red herring. I think Elliot is definitely crazy, but maybe his Dad is still alive.

16. VanityHalfBlack

The sister does exist for sure but I have a feeling his dad is not. Which sucks cause I like Christian Slater and hope to see him in season 2 but you never know. Maybe some more white rose and not just a 3 min scene.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Is believed from the beginning that Mr Robot was his dad. The only issue is that Elliot has no memory of his childhood, only the photos and what Darlene tells him. I guess it's possible that someone planted the photos but that wouldn't explain the Angela-Darlene relationship.

18. VanityHalfBlack

^yeah I can see someone planting those photos to *** with him. Anyone know what happen to the girl in the beginning of episode 7 with the cure playing in the background? That was a great scene. Again love the musical choices in this show.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Fsociety I guess it means family society makes sense.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Early on I thought it stood for Fck Society. :p