1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adidas Offers James Harden $200M to Leave Nike

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Victorious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He was offered 15M more than Derrick Rose(2011 MVP) who got his contract in 2012. And they totally missed on nabbing Curry...

2. Handles

Handles Member

Will james raise Adidas' game and popularity? I hope (and think) he does. He's gonna be in mvp talks for years to come.

Great move on Adidas' part to poach an under-utilized star. I used to rock the old pro models back in high school. I liked those shoes and I'll definitely buy james' shoe.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if harden signs with adidas, he will get injured next season.

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Im not a fan of this...

5. Fantasma Negro

Wrong, he was wearing Nikes. Its common knowledge that the Drew League is sponsored by Nike, so its customary that he wore Nike. He signs with Adidas he never plays in the Drew League again.
    [​IMG]

Khloe was foreshadowing the Adidas deal though
    [​IMG]

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If i could neg rep you...I would...:mad:

7. theredbackpack

i hate this. adidas makes fine clothing but their shoes--all of them--are terrible, ESPECIALLY their basketball shoes. and on a more serious note, i worry about harden's health wearing whatever garbage adidas designs for him.
    i own his zoom crusader and BOTH of his zoom run the one shoes (all-star colorway, and the red tiger print colorway). looks like i need to retire those shoes--they could be collectible one day.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He said AFTER the Drew League Finals not during.

9. domd221

domd221 Member

that's false. You are only required to wear Nike jerseys for the drew league. You can wear whatever footwear you want. Brandon Jennings has worn UA shoes there. Pretty sure Klay Thompson has a deal with Anta and was wearing Anta shoes when he played against Harden in the Drew.

10. domd221

domd221 Member

To add to my response
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yes. There's no restriction on any footwear brands. Teams just have to wear Nike uniforms. <a href="https://t.co/4iNC99M2ZL">https://t.co/4iNC99M2ZL</a></p>&mdash; Nate Jones (@JonesOnTheNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonesOnTheNBA/status/630512379265060864">August 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So yeah, expect Harden to keep playing in the Drew

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My daughter will be sad. She wore his Run the Ones (red and silver) last season and will be wearing his Hyperchase this coming school season (black and silver, to match her new school's colors).

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Khloe ain't cheap.

13. Fantasma Negro

My bad, I went to the Drew a few years ago and everyone was wearing Nikes and Jordans so I madecan assumption....I'm not happy about the switch right now I play in Kobe 9s and hyperchase but even though Adidas makes basketball shoes like work boots I can't wait to hoop in the Harden 1s. And **** everyone that keeps saying he's going to get injured, I have a feeling Harden's shoes are going to be different

14. LandryMegaBeast

has there been any noise from nike about a competing offer? don't they have till the end of this week or something like that?

15. malakas

malakas Member

good for him!! Nike has too many other superstars. Now with Adidas he will be their no.1 guy and they will feature him and make his own shoe line.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When Harden wins an MVP and the Rockets win a the Chip Nike is gonna feel like OKC.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nike reportedly won't match or try to top the offer.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Several lol. The deals they throw at rookies are chump change nowadays and is far from what LeBron got his rookie year. They just don't respect Harden enough or think he's marketable enough to have his own shoe. That's the mentality when you control 98% of the market.

While Harden was lighting it up in the Playoffs their Uncle Drew was nowhere to be seen because he was injured again.

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Tim Duncan has wore Adidas his entire career. He's had a long healthy career. The shoes have nothing to do with the health.

1 person likes this.
  20. brooksstephens

The difference between Nike's and ADIDAS ball shoes is negligible.

You Stans feel better wearing Nike's because Phil Knight has you brainwashed.

They both make their shoes in Chinese sweatshops with super-cheap quality materials.

1 person likes this.