1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he's ruled out finishing by the end of the year I think the earliest the new book could come out would be pretty close to the start of the new season.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So this thread is for posting Spoilers from insider news sites?

Why don't you just say that in the thread title then? Call it Season Six Speculation and Insider News

Eventually, once production begins, ppl will start posting cast member list, which can be a major spoiler in itself.

3. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

I to would love to see a season dedicated to GOT in the way Spartacus - Gods of War was handled when they were unfortunately pushed into doing that prequel for that show.

That said I agree that I don't think we will get that as well. We will probably get a handful of flashbacks that will point to and explain major events and the genesis of storylines that took place before the books began.

Doing this will require bringing back characters that have been killed in the show already. I wonder how they will handle that....depending on what events they flashback to do you per say bring back Sean Bean and attempt to age him down or do you go out and get a younger actor who resembles him and present to us a new and younger Ned Stark.

#23 rcoleman15, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Makes sense. They just have way too much story left to tell, even with stepping into the unreleased Book Six already (Stannis at Winterfell).

They haven't released casting news yet on new major characters, for whatever reason. It does seem like some of the Iron Islands storyline from Book 4 (which runs chronologically with Book 5 anyway) will be incorporated (which, I think, it must).

One way or the other, they want to see it through to the end. No breaks or pauses. It would be too difficult to re-gather the cast and crew. Or afford them, for that matter.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“Dead is dead is dead,” he said. “He be dead. Um, yes. Everything I’ve seen, heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead.”

Yea, right. :rolleyes:

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, that was funny. "Um, yes." (nose growing) "He's dead."

I've mentioned before, but will keep it to a minimum here, that the producers gained the trust of George RR Martin to make this show when they successfully discussed popular speculation of Jon Snow's parentage. And, for me, if you go by the actual title of the book series?

I know Kit Harrington might just be in Belfast to film his funeral scene, as Charles Dance did a year ago, but.....nah. Not buying the dead Jon Snow thing.

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

I can't wait to see Tyrion and Varys take down the Sons of Harpys. Someone needs to nerf them, they were way OP'd last season. Curious to know what Sansa and Theon are going to do. Oh, and please, less Sand Snakes and more Doran Martell. God, that was cringeworthy. Well except the prison scene.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

Not to mention that they've committed to a prequel series as well! I'm thinking Robert's rebellion would be the easiest as far as familiarity with the audience goes. I just don't see Aegon's conquest as being feasible with the amount of CGI they'd need.

10. dmoneybangbang

"Jon Snow" is dead, it will be interesting to see what name he takes when he come back.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jon Stark?

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Targaryen*

13. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Stark would be so much more awesome. The King in the North!!!

Let Dany have her ****ty (with the exception of Dorne) seven kingdoms. :grin:

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he was going by Targaryen it would probably lead to a King Jon and a Queen Dany because the Targaryens are an incestuous bunch.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Azor Ahai

16. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Now, this is what call news! Frickin sweet!

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Ian McShane has been cast for a role in season six. Wonder what role he could be playing, and how much cussing will ge get to do

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

and that's going to lose a lot of people whom really like Jon Snow.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

The season 5 poster featured Tyrion. Maybe the TV producers will merge Jon Snow's storylines into Tyrion's?

20. val_modus

val_modus Member

WOW... This is huge news. It's a mystery role so far... No idea who he could be. My guess would be that he will be involved in the citadel. I'm only saying that because I remember how we'll he played that type of role in Pillars of the Earth.