1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-MO future all star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specnaz, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He just won't get enough touches to be an all star. Put him on a crappy team and run the offense through him sure he has the skill to do so.

Question: Did we ever run the pnr with Harden and Dmo? I just cannot recall Donuts rolling to the basket for a slam it always seems like he was either in the post or hanging out at three point line.

2. Dedicatedrocket

Hpw do you have two post and can make a thread?

3. Dedicatedrocket

I cant even make threads

1 person likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no he isn't, he is overrated by some

he needs more than just a few spin moves to become an All Star, which he isn't at that level

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he will be a handy scorer, a poor defender(he has mental lapses on that side)

the thing that frustrates me about him the most, is him losing his feet on offence when he tries to dribble in to the post and he is no good at getting out of double teams

6. Nimnal

Nimnal Contributing Member

Awesome video, thanks!

It is Dmo time--ready for him to put it all together!

So fun to see the Dream in Dmo too, great work.

7. sfayner

sfayner Member

A nicely skilled, soft Euro. Leads the league in falling down. Poor defensive rebounder which may get even worse after his injury. Not a max player, but is often able to get you a basket when you need one. I not sure if his play will translate into the play-offs, when it gets a lot more physical down low.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why a separate thread? So annoying. Same conversations going on in different places. Lame.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There was too much portions in that video. Really good overall but too much of that douche, especially where he hacked the hell out of D-Mo. Eff that bee.

Ima need Lawson, Harden or Thornton to cross him up next year and re-aggravate that knee.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He's gonna have to hit the mid range 15-18ft jumper at 40% or higher while also grabbing atleast 9 boards a game, If he can do that he will be a top 5 pf in the game. His defense right now is just as good as most of the elite pfs. Anthony Davis, Blake griffin, LMA, bosh and love are the cream of the crop at the four spot. Besides bosh and of course AD, none of those guys are anything more than avg defenders with love being boarderline bad.

I really think on this team we need a well balanced attack and also having Harden ensures that nobody else is really going to ever avg high amount of points per game. with that said I still could see DMO being our second leading scorer if he can do the things Iv mentioned.

With a 40% mid range jumper and 32 min a game I could see DMO avg 18/9 and that would be good enough as history tells us to be an Allstar assuming the rockets are winning big and viewed as a contender.

I like DMO and his potential I think what people arnt realizing just yet is that we might already have the 2nd building block on our team for the next 5-7 years to tag team with harden in DMO.

Ideally we would keep dwights minutes down for the remainder of his career to make him fresh for the playoffs and have Harden,DMO (assuming he makes the jump), ty Lawson and Bev as the core for the next 5 years because there all 24-27 years old which is relatively young but all entering their prime.

This team can be very good for a very long time assuming all the parts and chemistry scheme together nicely. I think Morey has down an outstanding job and is really looking at assembling a team that can win multiple championship for the next 5-7 years. I think is and GSW are in the best position as of today going forward with both teams talent,youth and obviously having the best 2 players in the world after lebron.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we can re-sign him. If Dwight starts to struggle to stay healthy, we can still win with Donuts and Clint...

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

Worst part about DMO getting better is that more and more lithuanians will sign up for this forum to post their biased nonsense towards DMO. I read bbs to see what non biased regular Rockets fans think about DMO, I don't want to see lithuanians praising another lithuanian. Unfortunately, 50% of positive comments about DMO on this forum are made by DMO only fans from Lithuania. :( I learned only to read comments from people who were registered here prior to 2011

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Look at that page, do Rockets play better with him as a 4 or a 5?

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hakeem was the obvious comparison in the video and it's fair. The missing element is strength. If DMo does what he has to do to get Hakeem strong, look out!

15. don grahamleone

How's it going 2015?

16. don grahamleone

Reasonable, but wouldn't you go ape**** if we lost him somehow?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, if we got someone better than great, I am a Rockets fan first.

I do like DMo and think he is a unique player in the NBA.

7 foot tall, very quick, left handed, and insanely skilled in the post, those do NOT come around often.

DD

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He could but it'll be tough out West

In the forward spots Anyhony Davis, KD, Blake, Marc Gasol are pretty much locks for years to come

Then you have guys like Kawhi, LMA, Drymond Green, Dwight, Boogie etc who have a much better chance than DMO

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I mean, but if you were offered a top-3 protected 1st rounder from a likely lottery team, you'd have to pull the trigger, no?

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Would be stupid to pull the trigger on that particular trade given we don't have great depth at PF behind D-Mo and we're competing for a freaking championship.

Now if we can re-route that pick simultaneously to acquire another PF, then maybe, depending on what's available.

The point is, I'd rather have a top 7 pick than D-Mo, but it's a tight situation right now with us being contenders and D-Mo being ready to contribute right away as a major rotation player on the 3rd best team in the league last season.