1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd hating hard on the Rockets and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, May 19, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Alright? Did saying that get you fired? Should it get you fired? Does any of that change the fact that the education standards by almost every appreciable measure are substandard?

He may not be, but almost every single study concludes that education standards ARE very low in D.R..... and it isn't shocking, it is a poor country. No one said people from D.R. are stupid or inferior.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cowherd hating the rockets and his firing are two different issues

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Either way he can catch these hands

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lmao I might not be but how would you know?

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

They are referring to how you spelled there, that's why it was bolded. This has been painful to watch unfold

6. TheRealAllpro

I fully understand that but it's quite a jump to assume one has poor critical thinking skills based on a singular proofreading error.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I was just relaying the message bro for the record I think you are smart as ****

8. TheRealAllpro

I wasn't getting at you. I was just explaining myself. This is kinda funny since my original point was ppl need to stop blowing up the slightest perceived missteps into larger controversies. It's all good though.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Wouldn't say it's not world class. At a college level, U.S. schools make up for almost 95% of the top schools in the world. Public schools aren't as bad as they used to be either. And private schools are doing a lot better. SAT scores are reaching all time highs. It's not bad per say. There's definitely better countries but it's not like we suck.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Shush .... You are messing up his narrative.

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Lmao someone loves watching The Newsroom.

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

His last Harden/Rockets hot take before getting canned:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZP6aIKEflJo?rel=0&start=2321&end=2606" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#152 redhotrox, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love you

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Damn he reaaaaaally tore into harden before complimenting our team a lot. He makes it seem almost personal

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

still harping on hardens defense, espn is garbage and late as usual. If they would have been following harden this years they would know his d was much better thats was one of the reasons why the rockets took off this year

16. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

harden is the biggest compeition for curry and espns knows it, they belittle harden and prop up curry. Sorta what espn does with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota

check this video out, espn pursposely left harden out when mentioning the 2009 redraft

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GDUPfwSP8JI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's funny because the Lawson trade barely registered in sports media. Then the pundits really take a look at the roster and they always say - well damn.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I love how word had gotten out that Cowherd hates Houston, so much to the point that Daryl Morey had to be the one to reach out to him just to get him to can his constant hate job.

Even in that monologue he's belittling us in all the typical radio show host ways. Calls Harden a "little Curry", before quickly clarifying that Curry is better. Says he loves our roster then to prove it gives out his prediction of us losing to Golden State in the Conference Finals again next year. His producers have to point out to the listeners that this isn't 2014, and that Cowherd is actually giving us a compliment in his backhanded way. Then Cowherd says we caught breaks this postseason. What breaks would those be? Like the breaks to Beverley's wrist? Or D-Mo's back muscles?

Whatever. Karma is a b****.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He is referring to parsons the great

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You completely missing the point could well be the product of america having lower education standards, lower health standards and being more ignorant than the rest of the developed world.

(You see, these things are all true, so such a statement should be quite fine...or maybe not)

Something maybe true, you probably wouldn't want to say that basketball isn't exactly for geniuses, just look at the education level of african americans either.

#160 Aleron, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015