1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. tenguin

tenguin Member

That's bc everyone feels so entitled these days. Come work at the hospital and see how people are getting treated now. People act like they are in a 5 star hotel.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Professional...??? Ha...!!!! Dude, the police force will hire practically any d@mn body. Heck, if you're too smart some police departments will not hire you.

It's not like there's a big percentage of the best and the brightest running to be police officers.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

I wonder why her family didn't post her bail -- wouldn't it have been about $500?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, then there would be claims of abuse of power and excessive force. Some people are too predictable.

6. Kim

Kim Member

Yeah, there was a lot of weirdness going on there. She had a cell phone the whole time right?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I guess I want to live in a world were individuals that have the power to authorize deadly force at their own discretion upon the general public are held to a higher standard.

I hate officers that invoke their ego and pride over their responsibility of serving the community. The majority of officers that don't do this, you have my respect.

And the officer becomes confrontational as soon as she said refused to put out her cigarette in her own car. You know I can tell? Because for absolutely no reason other than the officer's pride being hurt he commands her to exit the vehicle.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

According to a recently released recording of her last phone call to a friend, she states that her bail was $5,000. However, that is according to her and isn't official.

9. tenguin

tenguin Member

Easy to say when you aren't held to that standard

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Your point? Are you honestly suggesting that... therefore LEO is infallible?

With your logic, the public should have no say in criticizing law enforcement because 'we don't know what they go through'. How draconian and authoritative of you.

And never assume what standards I have been held to. You don't know anything about my personal life outside my messages here.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Member

She had that, I wish a mother****er would attitude....well, the mother****er did.

14. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

15. tenguin

tenguin Member

Nah, just assume that you're some dude that dates supermodels only and doesn't ever make mistakes.

Lol calm down dude, can't people just express their opinion anymore?

16. Remii

Remii Member

Interesting that you two guys brought this up instead of a black person. And that guy died at the hospital btw.

17. tenguin

tenguin Member

I never said we shouldn't criticize, I just say its not easy being in difficult situations more often does cause one to think differently.

Please share your stories of what you've been through. We are sitting in anticipation

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Please tell me how someone not putting out their cigarette in their own vehicle is a 'difficult' situation. Why do you have such a low bar for law enforcement?

And i don't need to invoke my personal experience for another cognitive human to invoke common sense.

19. tenguin

tenguin Member

Wow, come down from your high horse! She made it difficult but you refuse to see the other side. I can understand that he may have been looking for trouble pulling someone over for no turn signal, but do we know if he was suspicious of anything else? Or were you assuming? I'm guessing "your" experience wasn't real so ill pretend you know what people have to deal with.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pulling someone over for a traffic violation isn't "looking for trouble"....there was no "trouble" with the person he pulled over right before her who ended up with a warning for speeding and not having a copy of their insurance on them. This wasn't a dickish cop. No dickish cop issues warnings for things like that.