1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. tenguin

tenguin Member

Really hard to take you serious if you resort to name calling. You still haven't answered though, if she complied would it have escalated? I'm a minority and have been pulled over olenty of times. I've never had an issue like this. No seatbelt, due inspection, speeding, and My car has been searched before. I've never received a warning and yet I still respect the mans job.

If people stop being assholes to one another, there wouldn't be so many issues.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . if someone is an ******* to the IT Tech . . it is ok for him to hack their accounts
    So . . if someone is an ******* to the Plumber . . .it is ok for them to flood the house or made the problem bigger than it really was
    So . . if someone is an ******* to the their mechanic .. . it is ok for a 18$ Brake job to escalate into a complete transmission and engine job

So . . if someone is an ******* to the IT Tech . . it is ok to use your position and or job to make their lives horrible

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Again... One is a PROFESSIONAL with PROFESSIONAL TRAINING in the matter of DEESCALATION and the other is a civilian with no such PROFESSIONAL TRAINING. Why are you not criticizing the PROFESSIONAL for not performing his duty of deescalation?

Also, if you have difficulty understanding what I am stating because of 'foul language' that is your problem, not mine.

4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Who knows? Maybe. You're asking us to speculate on an alternative timeline.

If someone is robbing you do you have a better chance if you just hand over your wallet instead of fighting back? Maybe, maybe not. Does that make it your fault you get killed during a robbery?

Pretty good analogy since cops who give traffic tickets are just highwaymen for the state.

5. Nook

Nook Member

No I stand by what I said and what the courts have ruled over and over again on the issue of whether an officer can command someone to get out of their vehicle.

I will rely on what the vast majority of experts say, the SupremeCourt and numerous Appelate Courts

If you choose to rely on the Texas Cilvil Rights Project, that is fine. You are entitled to your own opinion.

6. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

True. Cops are repeat players in the traffic stop game, civilians aren't. Cops obviously have the advantage and they should be capable of restraining themselves. It's literally their job. If something like this goes down the greater responsibility is on them.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

That's a good analogy. In those professions, people would be fired for being rude and aggressive to the people they are servicing.

Anyone ever get pulled over for not signalling like that? If it's higher speeds or lots of traffic, I could see it as necessary.

Seems like the cop was bored and wanted to hand out warnings left and right. When the lady got upset he should have been more understanding

8. ubigred

ubigred Member

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I guess I just expect a little more than some of you from our law enforcement agents.

I appreciate the hell out of the work done by police, constables, sheriff's department etc. But one of the reasons I appreciate them is because I expect them to be very professional and decent decision makers when on duty. That isn't easy to do much of the time, and so I think they deserve more thanks and respect for doing their job than a lot of professions.

But it also means that if they escalate a situation that didn't need to be escalated whether they are technically within their rights and regulations, then they deserve to be held accountable.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Double checked... You are wrong, again.

It is alright, next time don't just take the first thing you read and rely on it. Multiple sources you could have found that said otherwise... but a nonprofit interest group said something different in an interview on a blog so roll with that.

11. Nook

Nook Member

He deserves to be fired. He violated protol of the department. Other than Bobby is anyone really defending him?

12. Major

Major Member

You missed the point. You said it's a clear and easy thing and you don't need to know much to realize that. What the TCRP demonstrates is that that claim is simply not true. Again:

Based on the new information from the Texas Civil Rights project, you appear to be completely wrong. The law is not nearly as obvious as you think

If it were, then you wouldn't have the director of a fairly notable non-profit saying otherwise. So yes, you DO would to know the quirks of the law to know that a cop can demand people step out of a car, and it's not at all unreasonable to expect someone to question that.

Yes, every single person putting any portion of the blame on her is in some way defending his actions. Her reaction is neither unusual or unreasonable. His is.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I thought Anas Acuta was and possibly tenguin.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.... You are back peddling which if fine. Whatever, I have wasted enough time on you. If you think she handled that stop properly then good luck in the future dealing with the cops. Her response wasn't appropriate... The difference is that the officer is a professional and should know how to deal with difficult citizens.

Have fun debating with yourself...
    Hmm... I have Acuta blocked so it is possible. I have most read posters say Bland didn't handle the stop appropriately but the officer was out of hand and deserved to be reprimanded or fired.... Which also seems to be the position of most "experts" on television.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Nope being an ******* to an officer shouldn't give an officer the right to respond likewise or to break police department protocol. What seems to be lost is that an officer is supposed to calm heated situations and not make them worse.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm often reminded when conversing online that I might be dealing with children, or those who have a child's mentality and that is never more obvious than in threads like this.

17. tenguin

tenguin Member

I guess some of you never have to deal with people. Who in their right wants to be talked down to all day. I really wonder how some of you guys actually act. Bunch of Internet ninjas I figure.

18. ubigred

ubigred Member

Details are getting worse.... Tragic.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Don't become a LEO believing that you deserve to be treated with respect. Not being respectful is not a criminal offense.

20. tenguin

tenguin Member

I'm ok with foul language, but it seems you just hate the police. Therefore it doesn't matter what you say really.

If you watch the video, the officer doesn't even get mad until he has to repeat himself. I guess I want to live in a world where we treat each other respectfully.