1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waller County: 'Illegal' Lane Change leads to Death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Remii

Remii Member

I was pointed out how you jumped on me for my views and now you're basically agreeing with me.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Notice I said for ABUSE OF POLICE AUTHORITY not murder

Rocket River

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Guess if you don't suck a cops dick you can get removed from your vehicle.

Public servant my ass.

Perfect example of abuse of power and an officer poorly trained in the LAW. The Law! The unforced of Law doesn't know that what he's doing is ILLEGAL.

#163 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

We all just need to do better. Some more than others, and for different reasons. But we all absolutely have to evolve.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I am agreeing about this one particular woman. I don't think that women in general are that way. Honestly, I find women to usually be as courteous or more so than men.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In what way did he "abuse" his authority? He used it, but that's not the same as abusing it.

The crazy woman was 100% in the wrong and she further proved how mentally unstable she was by killing herself in jail.

Anyone complaining about this specific officer's actions are just anti-cop and looking for a reason to complain. Had she merely complied with his lawful order and gotten out of the car, he probably searches her car and she gets off with a warning. Instead, she got herself arrested for being a fool.

7. Nook

Nook Member

No, he abused his authority. He did not conduct himself in a professional manner.

8. ipaman

ipaman Member

@Bobbythegreat, you have no idea what it's like to be a minority or a woman and okay yea that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is you don't even have the mental capacity to try and empathize or see someone's else point of view. Without the capacity for empathy you're either a infant or a narcissist. I don't think there are any infants posting on CF so I guess that clears it up.

1 person likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I completely disagree with that notion. He got more forceful with her after she falgrantly broke the law and essentially begged him to arrest her, but I thought the whole thing was pretty professional. Things often spiral out of control when you are dealing with mentally ill or mentally unstable people. It's certainly not his fault for her condition.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

And that is the best way to put it he didn't handle is job correctly.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Her being a minority had nothing at all to do with this incident, the person he pulled over before her was a minority as well and there were no problems at all....that person got a warning for no proof of insurance and speeding.

This woman was a crazy person who acted like a crazy person...that's pretty much the end of the story. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

That's the sad part. If she would have just been semi-cordial about it, then she likely would have got off with a warning. You lose your cool...you know you are getting a ticket or worse. I always try to be nice when pulled over and respond with "yes sir...no sir". I never got a warning, though. I always get the ticket regardless. lol

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Apparently a 'crazy person' today is an individual who is vocal about being upset about being pulled over for a lane change and then not wanting to put out her cigarette in her own car. Apparently that is enough for a LEO to tell her to get of the car.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Don't know about you but I find the more sad part being one must ass kiss LEO in order to not be forced out of a car at taser point.

ALL HAIL THE INFALLIBLE LEO COMMUNITY!

#174 fchowd0311, Jul 22, 2015
  15. Remii

Remii Member

I never said women in general... I said there are some (maybe many) women in our society who are aggressive and or confrontational towards men. And if you look outside of your little world you will see that.

By no means do I agree with what the cop did but this woman could still be a live.
    Just look at the little girl in McKinney. All she had to do was walk away but she didn't... And almost got two boys killed for trying to help her.
    Look at the girl who hit the dude in the bar and he hit her back.
    Look at the girl who spit on the bus driver and he knocked her azz out.
    Look at the two girls who went behind the counter at McDonald's to get at a male employee and he beat the shyt out of both of them.
    It's even said that many domestic violence incidents are initiated by women.

We are living in a different time.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even sadder, she didn't have to "sir" him at all really, just do what he was asking her to.

I have never gotten a warning any time I was pulled over, and I've had to deal with some really bad cops before, so I just don't have any sympathy for her. A cop out looking to only give warnings to people he catches breaking the law is like a unicorn or some other kind of mythical creature, you shouldn't treat it poorly if you find one.

17. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Well, apparently asking her to get out of the car, without citing a reason is not a lawful order.

1 person likes this.
  18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

Do you have the link to this? I'd like to send it to a friend.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

If an officer doesn't feel like he is being appreciated for allowing a warning for a failure to signal on a lane change then just give the ****ing ticket.

All the supporters of this officer's actions keep on harping on the notion that if she 'complied' she would have not been forced out of the vehicle. How about this. If the officer just chose to ignore her verbal disgruntlement and just wrote the ****ing ticket they both would have been on their merry ****ing way but no the LEO has an ego and that ego got in his way. He does't deserve to be an LEO.

When will these LEO **** suckers start criticizing professionals for not being professionals. Do we need to treat LEO like babies and coddle them so they don't slam us to the ground? Can they not handle verbal disgruntlement like a 5 year old?

#179 fchowd0311, Jul 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

www.texasstandard.org/