1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Donald Trump finished?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaleDoback, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

In business you want to be friends and love everyone. I doubt this is a publicity stunt as he has tried to piss just about everyone off. Unless you are a middle aged white republican who never went to war.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I don't think he ever started. I think his leadership in the polls is inaccurate and meaningless, he never had any shot, and I hope for his sake that his campaign is just an ego trip and not a sincere effort at candidacy. I think it's too bad that years from now people will mark this event as the beginning of the end of Trump's bid, as if he might have had a shot had things gone differently.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trump REALLY does not want to be President
    he wants attemption and more money

Rocket River

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

More like the middle of the end.

"Mexicans come here and rape" (essentially, how his comments boiled down) was probably nearer to the beginning of the end.

I've always believed he's just pumping up his brand (and his bank accounts) in some weird way rather than actually running for President. No publicity is bad publicity.

But who knows? Until a meteor punctures his ego maybe he believes he has a chance.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I'm still pulling for Trump to win the GOP nomination for president.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: ABC/WP Poll. The Front Runner - <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a>

Trump 24
    Walker 13
    Bush 12
    Huck 8
    Rubio 7
    Paul 6

Poll taken Thu-Sun (1/2)</p>&mdash; Jonathan Karl (@jonkarl) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/623235937686941696">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Either conservatives REALLY want Hillary to become president or a bunch of individuals are not really serious when they answer these polls.

I'm going to assume the latter.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO, I told you, Republicans don't like John Mccain. On top of that everyone knows that Trump changed what he said right after he said it but the media ran with " he's no war hero" eventhough he changed his tune, this shouldn't be a story. So now Trump gets to accuse the media of being the media which in a way is true.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

I would totally answer Trump as a joke. This is a million times funnier than Herman Cain four years ago.

[​IMG]

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Yes, pollsters getting trolled. When Darth Vader polls better than any real politician, don't you have to wonder about the methodology?

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Pretty sure Herman Cain never led by double digits in the polls.

12. TheresTheDagger

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

14. Buck Turgidson

15. Major

Major Member

No, but Cain did poll higher than Trump's 24% - at 30% in one poll and 27% in several others where he led.

These polls with 10 candidates are worthless. Having 25% is meaningless if your ceiling is 30%.

16. Major

Major Member

Santorum, Gingrich and Perry also led by double digits in a whole slew of polls at various times in the 2012 election. All were polling well above 30% as well.

17. Major

Major Member

The poll has nothing to do with the McCain comments - it was mostly conducted before they were ever made. And he did worse in the Sunday portion of the polling than the previous days.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but there is a kernel of truth to what Trump said. If McCain never gets shot down and captured his service would be a footnote in his career. People only care because what happened to him is like a real life war movie.

Trump is an idiot but he is on to something even if it was by accident.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Actually no they were conducted afterward, his numbers went up after the comments just like when he made the racist hispanic comments. Atleast according MSNBC they were after his comments were made yesterday.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You can say "IF" about a lot of things if you use that type of logic.