1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And you might be right. In my line of work random drug testing is mandatory, so if these guys are beating the tests then good for them, but cheating the system doesnt last forever and eventually you get caught. Being a functioning addict doesnt make it ok.

I hope he gets his act together too, but i'll be more cautiously optimisic about Lawson than any other player in recent memory. Taking on a guy who has shown a pattern for drunken behaviour is a huge risk. (yes i know huge reward too, but overcoming a dependency isnt like working on a jumpshot)

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is his shot chart from last season. He only shot below average in one spot in the court, and he should be getting better looks at that spot (and everywhere) from now on. Last season was one of his worst seasons shooting so hopefully he can back to 47-47% shooter he once was.

[​IMG]

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It is certainly a bit of a red flag considering Denver traded him for basically as a salary dump to us. I'd be inclined to think they know more about his drinking than we do.

I don't really care about weed and alcohol, but Lawson certainly has a problem.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This exactly.

Smith was the biggest luxury we have had in a while.... a player making less than his actual value to play backup on a contending team because the idiots that paid him big bucks still have him on the books.

Now Smith did the right thing, left to another contender for more money than we were willing to shell out with just about the same role. Still getting paid by those same idiots.

We've got Ty Lawson now, if he keeps his head on straight (the culture we've created in the locker room should steady that) he can be an all star caliber player and some.

Especially given what was actually given up for said player. If the risk pays off this could reap the highest rewards.

5. Asian Sensation

Perfect. That's Ariza's corner anyways.

6. Asian Sensation

Smoove left for less money.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The culture in the locker room is bad. Harden is acting like a mean girl towards Dwight.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No. Still waiting on the trade conference call with the league lawyers. <a href="https://t.co/b6eJrSZ8cx">https://t.co/b6eJrSZ8cx</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/623194577072041985">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

what could go wrong?

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Denver is having 2nd thoughts.
    Mark Cuban is calling into the league office, pleading with them to veto the trade.

Umm....

Woj did say morning. We're approaching 2:30 ET.

It'll go through, no worries.

13. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Royce White's problems were on a whole different level and constant throughout his basketball career. He never showed he could dominate even in the D league.

Lawson has consistent NBA production, who perhaps exercised bad judgment off-the-court this past year. I don't see this as a gamble really at all.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wonder if we aren't teeing up another trade. Even after trading 4 players for 1, we still have a bit of a numbers crunch. Maybe TJones + Dekker (agreed, not executed) for an upgrade at PF?

15. thekad

thekad Member

Well, that's not enough salary and would have little to do with this trade. It might have something to do with Terry's cap hold and new contract.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

well hell.

now i'm ****ing worried.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

It'll go through. Be patient. Just running a few hours late. :)

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Until we start seeing reports surfacing about Denver having second thoughts, there's nothing to worry about.

19. TheRedRocket

TheRedRocket Member