1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson traded to the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Ty Lawson trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

1,339 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. NO

40 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trouble for the NBA me and <a href="https://twitter.com/TyLawson3">@TyLawson3</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/622965526164193280">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. xaos

xaos Member

People get so mad at the Random Trades people propose here....

THIS IS WHY!!!

Morey keeps making trades like these that keeps our fans believing we are supposed to trade scraps for nice players.

But really, Morey is one of the best at doing a few things:
    • Staying on the phone looking for deals, NOT necessarily to trade his players NOW, but to find out his players' value
    • Talking to teams in DISTRESS. This allows for him to understand what could SOLVE THEIR PROBLEM. LA Lakers were trying to offer their best talent without giving up the two best players on their roster. Meanwhile, the Rockets knew no one would offer equal value for Lawson, so for Denver it wasn't about Basketball, but saving money instead of WAIVING him.
    • Morey does not get fold. He understands that just because one opportunity passes, another will come. Clutchfans should learn this!
      • The NBA is not just about basketball. It is a business. It becomes easier (not easy!) to make trades like this when you consider what Denver was looking for in terms of contracts. Morey stays flexibly. He could offer young prospects, salary relief, picks, proven players or all of the above at any given moment

1 person likes this.
  3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

What?

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why would they now that Smith is gone? We need a backup PF. Or possible starter if D-Mo isn't fully recovered.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's embarrasing that people were/are actually rooting for Jones to be included. Especially days after losing Josh Smith as well.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Durant damnit I told you guys but you wouldn't listen!

#itsallinthenewsletter

8. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

You are a moron and a disease to this site

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Just another case of Morey Magic. .

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

tfoh green's deal got reduced when he could've got the max from any other team, they get another pg for cheap and west signs for the vet min. :mad:

11. PeppermintCandy

Woah.

I liked Popa, Prigs, and Nick Johnson but that's not much to give up for Lawson.

I'm also one of the few fans of Dorsey, but as other posters have said, this possibly frees up PT for our young, end of the bench bigs.

It goes without saying that hopefully Lawson doesn't turn into another Dallas Rondo situation. But I like that the Rockets are opportunistic and are confident enough to take this chance.

Next, I hope we can get some veteran help at the 4-5 position.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

I guess they were deadset on getting rid of him after the DUI. I wonder if they were afraid he'd be a bad influence on Mudiay or something, unless the GMs of the league know something we don't about what Lawson's suspension might be.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sign chuck hayes to the rest of the MLE - around $2M

use him at the deadline with jones and KJ to combine for about $8M in outgoing salaries. which means up to about $12M in possible incoming salaries for a starting PF.

thad young, nene, and faried would be some options. (i only add nene because morey loves him for some reason).

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Jones is the Lin of PFs, his impact is overwhelmingly negative half the time and he's not close to good enough during the other half to make up for it.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

How much of a drop off is Lawson from Lowry or Dragic?

17. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

You have never been right on anything...you don't have any info and you are a joke on this board. Why would I "wait" for anything?

18. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

On par, if not better.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You should have also dug up

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228749

an offer I made him after he lose the bet so that he could save his face.

Got his ass kicked.

Lost the bet.

Came back on a different moniker.

Never even donated $20 to charity at the minimum.

What a douchebag!