1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. PointZero

PointZero Member

What Josh Smith was...

A power forward.
    A point forward.
    A stretch four.

How rare is that in this league? Perfect skill-set for the Rockets because he took the ball out of 38 year old Jason Terry's hands and made the Rockets fly going coast to coast...

Now Josh can grab the rebound and lead the Clippers' fast break going coast to coast with lobs to Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan resulting in vicious tomahawk dunks that posterize Donatas and Terrence.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, yeah, sure you will. Seriously, I can't believe you're unwilling to make a few simple predictions on an anonymous message board. How sad and pathetic is that. Stop being so spineless. I was even going to try and get you into the same rehab facility as Ty Lawson.

Also, since you seem to be so infatuated with the sports betting picks I make, where were you in this thread? You were noticeably absent:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=266543

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Bird rights
    Bird rights
    No bird rights

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

It better not come down to us against the clips in the WCF and Smith being the xfactor for them...damn....

5. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Would rather play with Blake, Paul, and Jordan or Harden (mR. 13 Turnovers, Mental Midget) and a declining Dwight? Easy choice.

6. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Rockets will be fighting for 8 and 7 place in the west. First round exit.

7. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

I hope your kidding cuz if you aren't then you are a dumbass.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Can chemistry truly be measured by stats and charts. This where I sometimes question Morey's method. We went to the Western Conference finals and dismantled a Clippers team that had just beat the defending champs. Pay your employees. Keep everyone happy and driven. I truly hope this doesn't effect Dwight because both those two were playing some amazing basketball together.

9. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

fu.
    1. Warriors
    2. Thunders
    3. Spurs
    4. Clippers
    5. Memphis
    6. New Orleans
    7. Rockets
    8. Utah

Without Josh Smith, we would have not made to WCF. Mr. 13 Turnovers couldn't handle the pressure. After Harden's poor performance in playoff, any elite talent would not come here.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Are you Donald Jefferson frm Facebook

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm Kwa-me da Gamblin MAN
    I flap my gums all I CAN

I suck at the FU-ture
    My picks are all LOSER'S

But I still trash the board with my SPAM!!!​

12. bongman

bongman Member

Sorry... Harden carried us the whole season to get the second seed. Without him, best we got is 8th seed and early exit. Trees...forest - get my drift?

13. Garner

Garner Member

Glad to see this thread continues to be a circle jerk

14. DMO (DJ remix)

Rockets are still amazing team, they were balling without Smith in regular season and hopefully they will have Jones, Dmo and Dwight playing together more then last year. I don't really get all this Smith love, yes he had some good games but he had some bad ones as well. We haven't had Dmo in Playoffs and obviously his not tested there, but if he can play very good in regular season i'm sure that will translate in playoffs as well. And Jones and hopefully Harrell are perfect backups, pf are still one of positions Rockets are covered quite well.

15. chandlerbang21

sad to see josh go but as of now this team lacks shooting compared to all other western conference contenders. Ariza will have to carry the 3pt shooting load this upcoming season unless bev has improved during his time away

16. chandlerbang21

i see houston at 6th seed this season. They are still a very young team with no veteran leadership

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Somebody close this thread, the amount of idiocy is at another level.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know. Play with a guy in Chris Paul who's never been past the 2nd round or two guys who you just got to the WCF with? And maybe Dwight's "declining", but Paul ain't no spring chicken either. In fact, he's slightly older than Dwight and has had his own injury troubles in the past. I'm not knocking the Clippers roster. It's very talented. But it's not like the Rockets are a collection of scrubs.

As for where the Rockets will be seeded, I'd be very surprised if they're fighting for 7th or 8th barring catastrophic injuries. Right now there are 5 teams you could credibly argue are as good or better: Warriors, Spurs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Thunder. Every other team in the West is inferior to the Rockets at this time. So worst case scenario, they'll be 6th.

So in other words, it'll be last season all over again. The Rockets were literally one loss away from being the 6th seed on the final day of the season just as the Spurs wound up being one win away from the 2nd seed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar situation play out in 2015-16. So I hope they get off to a great start again(like the 19-5 record they opened with), that way they're not at the mercy of Ken Mauer and his whistle late in the season.

1 person likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Something about this Josh Smith signing makes me want to start a thread and tell everyone how to react using all caps.

20. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I see this said often, but for every game 6 Josh gave us 5 more stinkers like the wcf. We had injuries and he needed to take a bigger role. I'll never forget the way he came through in game 6 and that alley ooop Mavs game. I'll also never forget the huge negative he was for a MAJORITY of our other postseason games. dude is inconsistent AF, not someone you want to rely on to be a key contributor.