1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Member

I actually gave you rep for that!!!!!!!!

just kidding....... :)

1 person likes this.
  2. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Im sure Howard/Harden have to be upset about this

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This just make Smith agreeing to go to LA all the more baffling! Does Josh think he will be able to dominate the ball, and hoist three pointers in LA like he did in Houston?

The moment Josh gets two consecutive TO's, and bricks two consecutive 3 pointers, LA is going to turn on him. The freedom he had in Houston was bordering on ridiculous.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Clippers, GSW, Spurs, Memphis all are significantly better than Houston now. Going to be an interesting year if Morey doesn't improve the team.

5. count_dough-ku

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried that. The Clippers are actually pretty thin at the 3. They have Johnson, but I don't know how many minutes he'll get. Stephenson is more of a 2. And Pierce is gonna be 38.

It'll be a disaster, BTW. But that's their problem.

6. Space City

Space City Member

If you can beat 'em, join 'em.

Wait...did I get that right?

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wonder who is gonna attempt more no-look passes, Josh or CP3..

8. Airdough

Airdough Member

Don't blame KJ in this, it's the Rockets decision to want to use the MLE on him.

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Well that sucks.
    Any other available options?

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

At this time, all we can do is guess at what went wrong. I guess Dwight isn't that big a draw to free agents. Even free agents that he considers friends.

I'm not really upset at Josh. He came here and was a good teammate, and did what we needed him to do. I am frustrated he went to the Clippers. This has to sting Morey and the Rockets a little bit.

So I guess we are looking at Dmo, TJones, Montrezl, Clint, and maybe Chuck Hayes at C/PF this year.

I don't know, right now it seems like we have taken a step back. Maybe Decker and Montrelz will really be great. We need them to at least be rotation quality players.

Maybe Morey has something else cooking.

11. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I really hope it's before the deadline. As we saw this past year seeding is everything in the west. We could be fighting an uphill battle into the playoffs. I would rather find that pg ASAP. That way our team can gel and form the chemistry necessary to compete for a championship

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm not salty. I'll feed you so you can grow. Here ya go

13. CertifiedTroll

So is TJones less likely to get dumped?

14. hakeemthagreat

Dorsey was definitely a mistake. Not sure what you're smoking. He wouldn't play for any NBA team besides the Rockets. Another mistake was trading for KJ last year. Isiaah Thomas was available but Morey chose a player that played a position we had stocked up already. Why trade for a player at a position we don't need? Smh

15. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I hate statements like this just because it's purely speculative but you convince people that we suck now.

16. count_dough-ku

At least there we had Ariza waiting in the wings. And the addition of Brewer in December shored up that position.

Look, we're ok at the 4. If healthy, D-Mo, T-Jones, and possibly Harrell(assuming he isn't banished to the D-League all year) are a very good rotation. Dekker could even play some minutes there.

But we also only have one playmaker now on the roster. And like it or not, Smith was sadly one of our more reliable 3-point shooters last season. Morey had better get to work.

17. cdrive

cdrive Member

How come no one explained this to me!?!?!?!?

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What had Brooks done in PHX after leaving the Rockets, which eventually he need to play in China later?

Lowry left the Rockets and joined the Raptors for the 2012-2013 season, and their record is 34-48.

Chase Budinger, since he left the Rockets and joined the T-wolves, he never made to any play off games.

Dragic joined the Suns also in 2012-2013 season, and their record is 25-57.

19. JoeBarelyCares

Do these two posts cancel each other out?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder if it has anything to do with the drafting of Dekker and Harrel.

I mean you were a bench player already and they draft two more Forwards, Harrell a PF and Dekker can likely play that stretch 4 role (if we are lucky) and for Josh it had to look like writing on the wall that he would probably not be in the Rockets long term.