1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Sanity2disChaos

Deserves our trust!!unless you know something we dont, stop the B.S.

Morey capitilzes on situations already happening, he doesnt create situations.

1 person likes this.
  2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

One less Rocket to hack!

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Not everyone freeked out last year. There were still options at SF with Ariza,
    Pierce. People can play it down all they wont but losing Smoove hurts and it hurts bad. We now have ZERO players besides Harden who can set people up. He was our 2nd playmaker. If Morey can salvage this off-season and get Harden help that's great but I don't believe he can. We don't have many assets that will land us anything worth while. Jones was it now he can't be traded.

We are now stuck with DMo who is coming off back surgery and Jones who loves to vanish on the big stage. Harden and Howard can't be very happy right now I don't blame them.

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playing ping-pong

6. PointZero

PointZero Member

Last time I saw Josh Smith match up against Blake Griffin, the Josh Smith team won 3 straight to take the series.

After being inserted into the starting lineup, Josh Smith made his teammates better. Underrated passer and ball handler. 3.2 assists per game for his career. Skilled, unselfish player.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Guys, guys...it's easy to figure out..

Morey still looking to upgrade the 4 spot...so he can't guarantee Smith any kind of role. We could be forced to play him 30 mins or 15. TJ may be traded, Harrell may come in and play sooner than other rookies, and DMO still rehabbing.

Simply, Smith wanted to play with a contender, but also know what he was getting into. He got that from LA and not Houston.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can confirm Josh Smith to Clippers, as reported by Real GM &amp; others. Told he was swayed by &quot;defined role&quot; offered by LAC/Rivers.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/621794115135516673">July 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not angry about him leaving. Him leaving for the vet min and going to the clippers of all teams is worrying about the state of affairs.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I feel nothing one way or the other about this move. A healthy DMo would leave little room for Smith. Just need him healthy.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So ungrateful.

11. DMO (DJ remix)

I'm just perplexed by the whining... like WOW, it's like he can't be replaced. Rockets had no Smith, no Brewer, no Dwight for a lot of games, and yet, they were just fine. Do you seriously think that MLE will go waste ? Let's just wait and see before crucifying Morey. People are so easy to jump the gun these day, jeezz....

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

1) Shocked that he chose LAC. It doesn't make much sense to me? He fit our system and was able to play for a coach he liked with one of his best friends.

2) This puts us firmly in Tier 2 as far as playoff teams go. GSW/SAS/LAC are the elite, OKC, MEM, HOU, if healthy, not far behind. Very crappy news. I love Morey but I'm really starting to get pissed at a lack of urgency.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to think the same thing ! It all started with Bosh and really he has not done anything special in two years

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Last spring many talked about how we were probably going to have to choose between Brewer and Smith. And to me and many others, NO QUESTION you choose Brewer over Smith.

I wish everyone would calm the hell down. Everyone dogs TJ way too hard. Just like they dogged D-Mo way to hard, and now look what we have with him. TJ was a beast last year before he fell on some insanely bad luck last year with drop foot and a punctured freaking lung.

D-Mo/TJ
    Howard/Capela

I am so damn fine with that. We need a playmaker. A serious upgrade to our PG rotation via trade.

This reminds me of when Parsons left and everyone freaked the hell out. Or when we missed Bosh. Or missed Melo. So we missed out on a Melo who shut it down, a blood clotted Bosh, and a busted microfracture Parsons. Crazy things happen.

Morey isn't done. This isn't the end of the world.

I guarantee Clippers won't have Josh shooting 400 3's a day, but he will still chuck them and a drastically lowered percentage. They can enjoy the combo of hack-a-DJ & hack-a-Josh too. The Lance Stephenson - Josh Smith 2nd unit isn't going to come out smelling like roses. Josh did some good things. He did a lot of bad things too. I would've be more upset if we let Brewer slip.

Josh dunked cool. And that Elbow Get that one game was legit too. But it's not the end of the world.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

considering we NEEDED smith to beat those clips i'm not sure how you can have any confidence saying that besides 100% wishful thinking. smith outplayed jones, especially in the playoffs. in addition, retaining smith would've allowed us to package jones for a legitimate pg.

this isn't the end of the world but if you don't think this is a negative your crazy. someone else mentioned that morey has made this team better practically every offseason so i have faith we'll improve but this seemed like a very obvious move to make.

16. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Kings offered Josh Smith a 4 year, 72 million dollar deal. He turned it down for 12 dollars and a hamster from the Clippers.</p>&mdash; Carmichael Dave (@CarmichaelDave) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/621796345838370816">July 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Morey was reportedly stabbed to death by numerous Rockets players, who were said to have only ominously muttered "for the Smoove" as they assasinated their lord commander.

1 person likes this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Josh is KNOWN for his bone-headed decisions....THIS was one of them!

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

But what the **** is Morey doing letting Smith walk for less money because of roles?

Smith is going to be stuck behind 2 all star bigs in Griffin and Jordan, and we don't even have a clear starting PF.

If Smith said hey I don't want to re-sign because you guys have Jones, Motie and Harrell at the 4, Morey's should response should have been "Motiejunas is coming off of back surgery and likely won't even be starting at the beginning of next season, Jones is being traded soon and Harrell will stay in D league all year.

Smith would of had plenty minutes here and a big role. We offered a better team, his best friend, more money, more minutes, a bigger role and he still chooses to bounce? But why?

We can't keep both Jones and Motie, both will ask for a lot of money next off season and I know we aren't bringing both back. Now, we can't even trade Jones, because we don't have a damn backup 4 besides Motie who is coming off a back surgery.

I'm pissed about this one.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

TJones as one of our PF's playing heavy minutes next season. BBallholic faints.