1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

What's up with people hating Ty Lawson?

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ty Lawson is the dude that if we get him then at least we know we did everything we could to win this year. Ballad to the wall let's leave it all out there. Unless he goes to jail or he has a serious problem then I can't see y not

3. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

I don't see it as 'hate', imo. As every other team, we'd love the skill he brings to the court, but we all worry about the negative impact he may have on the locker room if things don't go HIS way. He's been acting TOO public and outspoken.

4. JD88

JD88 Member

DJ would be the perfect back up.

Him and Marcus Thorton would provide excellent firepower off the bench.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Novak is available. Dj Augustin is NOT available. Plus he's one of KD's best friends.

6. Space City

Space City Member

KD's best friends would never be made available.
    [​IMG]

7. malakas

malakas Member

yeah. Why not? Trade his best friend for no reason but to cut some money ...one year before he enters free agency. And this is based only on speculations by Lowe while all the reports say he hasn't put on the market. Ok..

8. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

Any ideas on a Eric Bledsoe trade?, past two seasons he has been good and the Suns just resigned Brandon Knight long term so seems like they would want to get rid of him.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:grin::grin::grin:

10. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

As I mentioned...Ricky Rubio would be a upgrade to our PG spot plus he bring skill sets we don't have with any player on our team now.

11. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I don't mind getting Ty Lawson too!! Again, getting skill sets that no other PG have on the Rockets team.

12. Ratman

Ratman Member

Amen thats a fire post!

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

There was speculation that they might want to move him, though it doesn't make too much sense to me. I wouldn't want Brandon Knight to be the main playmaker on my team. As a SG / one of two point guards starting together, he's fine. He's long enough to guard many wings, Bledsoe is talented defensively as well. Knight can shoot, and he can share playmaking with Bledsoe. I think it makes more sense to have them both than Knight alone, unless they get a deal they can't refuse.

As to Rockets, I guess Motiejunas would have to be part of it plus other pieces? I doubt that they see Markieff as their long term PF at this point.

I don't know if the Rockets have enough pieces.

14. brucelee713

brucelee713 New Member

Faried and lawson anybody???

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

One question I've been asking myself over the last week: what am I assuming that I shouldn't be assuming? Morey's moves almost always come out of left field, yet most of the time we focus on things that are obvious, like trading for Lawson or drafting Tyus Jones.

One of these assumptions that popped into my head today: Carmelo wants to stay in NY at all costs.

We have all assumed that nothing could make Carmelo leave NY. Not losing. Not conflict with Phil Jackson. Not a team that may start two rookies (Grant and Porzingis).

I wonder if we may not be wrong. The reality is that the Knicks just went through the worst season in franchise history, and Carmelo is a forgotten in the discussion of "best players in the NBA".

We know the Rockets would be interested.

[​IMG]

Would Carmelo be interested? (it matters because he has a no trade clause) I believe the answer is yes. He doesn't visit Houston last summer if he's not at least somewhat considering us.

If you recall, he eliminated Houston and Dallas before picking New York over Chicago. Why did he rank Chicago over Houston? Because they had an MVP, and had advanced into the playoffs. OTOH, Houston had just been eliminated in the 1st round.

Fast forward to today. Harden finished 2nd in the MVP voting, and Houston made the WCF. The national perception of the Rockets is significantly higher today than it was at this time last year.

Melo got his money last summer…maybe he wants to win now.

And as it turns out, we are a pretty good trade partner for the Knicks. They've build a decent team in free agency, and it seems they drafted well between Grant and Prozingis.

What would they want? My guess is a good wing defender, young talent, and picks. We happen to have all 3.

HOU Out: Ariza, Papa, Prig, DMo, TJones, NYK 2nd (returned), HOU 2016 1st, HOU 2018 1st

Beverley / Johnson
    Harden / Thornton
    Brewer / McDaniels / Dekker
    Melo / Montrezl
    Howard / Capela

Calderon / Grant
    Afflalo /
    Ariza / Porzingis
    DMo / O'Quinn / TJones
    Lopez / Hernangomez

I don't know that the trade would actually look like that. I could see a 3 team trade, with Papa, Prigs, and TJones going to another team in return for something else New York wants.

Anyways, just a thought.

16. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Rockets agree to send

Dekker,Harrel,Jones, and future 1st for

Dante Exam and Rudy Gobert...

Discuss...

If you look for the center we are getting behind howard, and how exum might be the perfect 20 year old back up pg. I think this is the best trade you can find.

17. TheOozyMan

TheOozyMan Member

Jazz hang up immediately. Rockets are sending nothing of value for two of the jazz's best players.

If anything the jazz are looking to trade burke not exum and I imagine that gobert is mostly untouchable

18. newAge_Rockets

Why would the Jazz agree to this? C'mon bud...

19. newAge_Rockets

Rockets send:
    KJ McDaniels sign and trade 3 yrs/10 million
    Papanikolau nonguaranteed 5.4 million contract
    Prigioni non guaranteed contract
    First round pick

Denver sends:
    Ty Lawson

Who says no?

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Can't sign and trade with the MLE