1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SexyButIgnorant

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

One of the most talented and dumbest (low football IQ) Mexican teams I've ever seen and I've been watching for a looooooong time.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DANG. :eek: Hats off to Trinidad. This is probably the best team they've had in 20 years. :eek:

Also, our defense sucked. :(

Hopefully we can see what we can rectify when playing Costa Rica. :eek:

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

More low class shenanigans by the mexican fans...throwing trash in the field and at T&T players. Funny that it happens on the last play where T&T ties the game.

5. ipaman

In the US vs Honduras and especially during the US vs Haiti I saw US fans throwing stuff on the field during corners. Just more low class shenanigans by the US fans. Oh wait... those were brown US fans right, probably just Mexicans but who support the US. It has to be because White US fans are high class (like their role model Dempsey, what a classy guy) while only brown US fans (many of them Mexican Americans) are low class. Sorry my mistake.

1 person likes this.
  6. leroy

First, if it happened and it was US fans, that too is classless. But it seems to be the exception more than the rule. Not so from Mexican fans.

Second, you're the only one making this a race thing. Someone is a bit of a sensitive.

7. ipaman

Just evening the playing field. American Outlaws are one of the worst groups of fans. Sexists, racists, etc... But I guess it's just passion right. Someone is a bit one-sided.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, the old "It's not all Mexican fans!" argument that comes out after every single Mexico game. It may not be all of them, but the bad apples sure do seem to find those prime corner seats for El Tri games.

If American fans also threw stuff, shame on them. But don't give this false equivalency and act like they're also throwing batteries, cups, their own piss, etc. in between shining laser pointers into the eyes of opposing players. It's disgusting.

9. leroy

Sexist and racist? Please show me instances and I would be happy to denounce. I do seem to remember the American Outlaws at every USWNT in Canada this past month. I don't get involved with these supporters groups. I think they're stupid. They seem to lead to stupid things happening and the constant drum beat gets annoying. I'm fairly positive most of them are more concerned with performing their chants than actually watching the game. That's why my brother's Dynamo season tickets are behind the opposite goal, as far away from the supporters groups as possible.

However, was it a singular supporters group throwing trash on the field last night? Was it one that chanted "Osama, Osama" in 2004? Was it one that threw urine and vomit bombs at Landon Donovan (yes, I know he once peed on a field in Mexico). Passion smassion. Throwing things on the field and at players is nothing short of juvenile and f***ing stupid. I really don't care who it is or why they do it.

10. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

So why say "Mexican fans" and only come in here to complain only when it's Mexico's fans that do it?

Ah, the old Mexico fans are all classless posts from USA fans that comes after a few fans do those things. :rolleyes: Like NOBODY saw that.

AND? Go there and arrest them. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. ipaman

http://fusion.net/story/102600/american-outlaws-us-soccer-supporters-group-growing-pains/

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/10/18/usmnt-mexico-supporters-groups-could-head-court-over-world-cup-travel-plans

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/32rrwi/my_experience_with_the_american_outlaws_rant/

That should be some nice reading for you. And finally how about from AO's own website.

https://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/articles/moving-foward...-we-can-do-better

I'm a Mexican NT supporter but several of my friends (also Mexican Americans) root for the US. Their country of birth. Several of them stopped supporting, or at least not so openly because of immigration, mow my lawn, and other stupid comments like that at games. It was difficult for them to be accepted as part of the crowd when the crowd group think was hurting them as well. A few of my buddies won't go to US/Mexico games anymore. Another buddy will go but sit with us in his US gear.

All groups of fans have fans that suck, some more than other maybe because well they have more fans. It's math. Point is, it's not ALL fans like is always portrayed by US fans. Me and my sons go to just about every Mexico game we can get to, and we've never thrown a damn thing. And guess what there is always tons of folks just like us. You guys can continue to claim all Mexican fans are scum if it makes you feel good. Just don't forget to look in the mirror.

#131 ipaman, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  12. Indaface

Indaface Member

This is what happens when you have double headers in stadiums and make the late game filled with the more passionate fans. More alcohol=more chances of idiots doing idiotic things.

I was just enjoying the game yesterday (what a great back and forth game) but as soon as I saw the rain of bottles down on that player there was nothing I wanted more than to see an equalizer right in their faces. Pretty sweet justice to see it (also props to the Trinidad player for whipping in a great cross in between the trash that was being flung down).

It's annoying to see fans stoop to that level, but it's also annoying to see fans of other teams play the "classless" card. Those fans that did that are definitely morons, but we have idiots in our fan base too. Although the bottle throwing isn't as extreme as i've seen from Mexico fans (I think Mexico fans can agree with that) i've still seen our fans do stupid crap like that too.

Every team has a percentage of horrible fans. No team has the magic power of "like us and you'll automatically not be a dbag even though you are a dbag 90% of your time through the day".

I occasionally lurk on BigSoccer and a large percentage of Mexican fans in there are some of the most ignorant fans I've ever seen. Too bad they only represent less than 1% of the fanbase because in real life most Mexico fans I've met are awesome and actually give support to the US as well even if Mexico is their favorite team. And the ones who just support Mexico do so without obsessing over the US's fans and trying to denigrate everything US/MLS. So I don't let the fact that some of their fans on an online message board seem obsessed with hating on the US/fans affect the fact that most normal people don't act that way.

That's my rant on fans, and people who generalize whole fanbases off a few people's actions. Were those fans asshats last night, of course they were. But i'll never say all mexico fans are classless or give broad generalizations because the truth is people are stupid are drunk people are even stupider no matter what the circumstance.

/rant

1 person likes this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats terrible. My good buddies at work are from Mexico but raised in the US and cheer for both countries. Racist **** should not happen at soccer matches. I only really troll Mexico here to bust Swoly's chops.

1 person likes this.
  14. SwoLy-D

LIAR. You enjoy it even OUTSIDE CF.net. :p

I get that all the time even at work and with homeys at the bar. Good banter and good iSht like that makes it easy to know whom you will trust to be a good fan of any sport, and to see if they will take crap if they dish it out. No huge deal. Classless crap in the stadiums and racist crap isn't just Mexico for the USA fans to say it is just Mexico fans. It is a waste of your time to want for us good fans to do something about it... :grin:

All that iSht aside, I just told my homey on IM who sent me "Hey... #CuatroACuatro ... too soon?" that we deserve to get egged on and trolled.

Mexico has only won ONE, and that was against lowly Cuba, in the last 10 games. This sure is the LOWEST point in our football life.

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

So now we have

US
    Cuba

Jamiaca
    Haiti

Costa Rica
    Mexico

T&T
    Panama

My predictions

USA-Haiti
    Mexico-Panama

Usa-Mexico

Usa 9-8 (due to both teams lack of defense)

Honestly US got a cakewalk in the quarters and as solid as Jamaica and Haiti have looked, I'd rather face one of them in the semis over Costa Rica, Mexico or Panama (all have experience going far in this tournament while the other two don't).

US should make the finals even with their less than impressive performance so far. Mexico will have a tougher time but their quality should win out at the end. If they both make the final it could honestly go any way right now...we'll see what teams decide to step it up starting Saturday.

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

what makes you think panama can beat T&T?

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

If we based it off the group stage then T&T should be the favorite. Really I'm picking Panama as an upset based on the fact that 2 years ago Panama made the final, 4 years ago Panama made the semis while both times T&T was out in the quarters.

Obviously different coaches and a few different players and all that but I just see the Panamanian players experience making good runs in this tournament winning out over any current form that both teams are experiencing. T&T could easily be in the final as well but i'm just rolling with Panama in an upset.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think the biggest possibility of an upset is haiti over usa

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I'll never get the support Mexicans who live in the US have for the Mexican soccer team and boxers. If the country was so great, why did they come to America? The fact is the country is corrupt, dangerous and is no where close to being anything else. Sure it is a prideful country, I get that but why leave if you think it's so great. I grew up on the border and had great grandparents who grew up on the other side and dont think I will still ever understand.

20. SwoLy-D

I see Trinidad & Tobago getting to the final... I don't know why. :(
    :rolleyes:

Are you seriously bringing up inane and POLITICAL **** into a soccer thread, mate? Are you for real?

[​IMG]

We have reasons that are BEYOND your comprehension level, man. Leave that iSht for another thread.