1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Dallas is signing Deron Williams.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So what?

3. basketballholic

Mavs have roughly $9.5 million in cap space. If they wanna pay Lawson $5 million or more, be my guest. We'll then sign DWill for $4 million. ;)

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

They won't if they sign Deron Williams.

So, anyone else?

5. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

They will no longer have the minutes or money for him...

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn't they sign both? Deron Williams is a backup at this point in his career.

7. malakas

malakas Member

no. When someone goes through waivers and claimed he doesn't have a saying on the team that claims him. If Philly claims him, then he will have no choice.

He can try to pull a Kirilenko but my guess is he will have to pay dearly for it. Even more.

He is now already a lock to get suspended from Silver.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your full of it with Parsons. You were making those claims about Parsons when people were talking about trading him for Love. You clearly never thought the Rockets had any intent of letting Chandler off of the team. Don't try to claim victory off of semantics, you were wrong period. And if the Rockets could have traded Chandler for Love they would have done it in a heart beat. Why do you think Daryl would not match the un-tradable contract Chandler got from Cuban? You don't know? Let me educate you, he did not match it because Chandler was always for sell at the right price. Period.

And you were wrong about Lawson and that Denver was willing to trade him for any useful asset.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Few teams had Ty Lawson trade interest, but were waiting on Denver to lower cost. His value's cratered now. He needs to deal w/ his issues.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/621009633268727808">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clearly the Nuggets asking price was more than just some useful asset as indicated by Woj's tweet. Once again you were wrong. Now that he has had his 2nd DUIs Denver may be considering just cutting him but prior to that their asking price was too rich.

You are not an insider and you have proven it over and over and over. Your ridiculous signature that always has tons of names is never right. Your assessment of Rubio was wrong. Your assessment of Terrence Jones was wrong.

You have absolutely zero knowledge of what Daryl Morey is considering outside of guessing based on what he has done in the past. You have typically been wrong. I can't even think of a time when you were right and yet you continue to through your opinions in other posters face as if it is some kind of fact that only you are privy to.

Your arrogance with your opinions that you consistently state as fact is only out paced by your delusions of grandeur and your unexplainable need to convince people you are some sort of expert on anything basketball.

3 people like this.
  9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Most max-contract free agents will sign 1+1 deals this summer. Too much $$ on table next summer.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#430 J.R., Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  11. Vivid

Vivid Member

Why would Philly (or any team that could claim him off waivers) foot the bill for Denver for a player that will most likely be suspended, a bad locker room influence, and clearly doesn't like playing on rebuilding teams? At best they might be able to flip him for whatever measly package that Denver was unable to obtain, at worst they pay full salary for a head-case until he leaves via FA.

12. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

13. basketballholic

Blah, blah, blah.

I was right in both cases. Lawson had no trade value before the news came out of his DUI. And I knew that. They couldn't get one viable asset for him, not a single pick, not a single player of positive trade value. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. And I knew it.

I also knew what was going on with Parsons. I knew he wasn't going to be traded and he wasn't. That wasn't the plan.

You're just jealous you don't have any sauces. Peace. Out.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The arrogance of basketballholic always makes me chuckle. Keep on keeping on!

15. basketballholic

You don't even know me. Arrogance?? I take more guff than anybody on this board. LOL

And I keep on ticking out good info for you guys.

Keep up your bitters. :grin:

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Don't get it twisted, you were saying other teams just didn't want him. No, others teams wanted him for less.

Can you even read? Because the tweet from woj is different from what you are talking about.

It doesn't say he had no trade value but that Denver was asking for too much.

Seriously bro, you are one of the dumbest posters here.

17. Asian Sensation

Jones + Kpap + Prigs for Lawson. Sign Smoove and Terry and call it a summer.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Hey guys, you can turn signatures off.

Truly a life changing event.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree with the rest of your post and far be it from me to defend jopat but he's right in this case. The team wasn't going to trade Parsons and they had every intention of resigning him. The only reason they didn't was because we got Boshed and didn't want to bank on Chandler as our 'third star.' Morey had a great plan and it almost worked. If it had, we'd have signed Bosh then matched Parsons. Once we lost Bosh the team decided they didn't want to give up all cap flexibility by matching Parsons. None of this is insider info. It's all public record. But I don't mind saying that I have this particular thing directly from Morey: It is all also true. We were in touch very regularly when this was happening and the public story is exactly how it went down.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

edit:

Nevermind. It's like talking to a brick wall.