1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

This is nonsense. You are absolutely right that there is a limited market for Lawson and that Lawson's defensive lapses + immaturity might not be an ideal fit next to Harden. But there is no way in hell Denver is accepting that garbage offer you just made. You're living in a dream world if you think Lawson's trade value is THAT low. It might be low and we might be able to grab him for .75cents on the dollar, but be a little realisitc. We'd have to throw in TJones at the absolute least, probably along with Dekker or a protected 1st round pick.

As mediocre as Lawson is on D, I still think he could really help this team. Prigioni and Jet are both bad defensive PGs and we were able to reach the WCF with them. Sure Prigs and Terry both have vet savvy, especially Prigs, but they are just so damn slow and can't keep anyone in front of them. Lawson isn't a great defender but he's still adds more value on O than he subtracts on D.

Bev is not a 30 MPG / 80 GM type of starting Guard. He's a 20 MPG energy guy who can really maximize his impact with more rest. If Lawson comes here, he'll need to accept being an Isaiah Thomas like 28 MPG sparkplug rather than a 35 MPG full-time starter like he is used to being.

This team is not winning a Championship with Pablo Prigioni as the 2nd best creator on the court. I'm a fan of the overall depth of this team and I think if DMo takes another leap and Dwight stays healthy, this team could be damn good. But in the playoffs we will need another creator besides Harden.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

From a personality standpoint, its night and day which I addressed later on...(if you are going to take gambles on info that might, but probably isn't good, at least be nice and entertaining.... a pop culture reference... something), but at the end of the day, the information they are giving back seems to be questionable at best. Even alot of the times guys like Plow, Cod, and even Cyberx will say take it for what it is.

But I still love hearing it, and having fun with it. The problem with Jopat, is its not about having fun with it. Its a straight faced serious internet-god complex. Have a little fun, and be a good sport about it instead of being a dick.

Your My Boy Plow.

[​IMG]

#PlowNation

3. mario elie

mario elie Member

Why not Dallas? Seems like a perfect fit. They don't have any assets, but I doubt Morey is offering anything of value.

4. malakas

malakas Member

dallas..sacramento after the expected Rondo blowup,...
    But in essence just don't pay attention to such hyperbolic posts by bballholic.
    He thinks we can get lawson by trading trash.

5. MONON

MONON Member

What Lawson will do is cut down on Harden's minutes, take some pressure off Harden when they're on the court together & cut down on our turnovers. That'll make us better all around.

Hopefully Being with Harden will bring Lawson around like being with Howard brought Josh Smith around.

6. csc177

csc177 Member

He was arrested last night for his second DUI in L.A this year.

7. ktex

ktex Member

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Time to buy low still, what you guys think ?

Maybe pap, jones, Dorsey, prigs, can really get it done today

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

And the trade value just keeps on dropping.

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

Dude might get cut now.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Now this I can understand. Explains why they cancelled his camp yesterday. He was in jail.

I think Ty's life is in a downward spiral. I hope he gets it back in order because his behaviour the last year is getting worse and worse. He is immature and reckless. Perhaps he has severe psychological issues or suffers from an addiction.
    Anyway, I hope he finds his way.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

No....he got put in Jail last night/this morning. His camp was during the day. Less of "he was in jail" and more of he was "preparing" to be in jail. As in drinking. A lot.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

If u watch the video didn't look like he was drunk, but he's dumb for riding around in that Benz wagon after having a few drinks, I would for sure have a driver. Police are going to plot on you when u rolling like that.

But I would still trade for him I think he will serious on the court here, mchale specializes in this situation. And he will be in a winning environment and with terry around to calm him down. Rockets play around a lot anyway especially Howard so he will still get to have fun.

Bev, Lawson, harden would be one of the best guard rotations in the west it has everything you need.

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Maybe harden would be a good role model for this chap..

15. malakas

malakas Member

lol you are right persian rocket. which in fact is even worse. His "travelling engagements" was actually la partying drinking and mar1juana.
    So he bailled out on his obligation on his OWN camp to go party.

16. malakas

malakas Member

or Lawson can be a bad role model for Harden. Works both ways.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Lol dude makes 12mill a year, rode off a after a few drinks in a Benz wagon with a beautiful women during his offseason, it's plenty of NBA players drinking in Vegas now, he just got caught.blet not act like he was snorting coke in the Restroom or something and his NBA game is falling off. Because he fasho solid there

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Just got a DUI. No Thanks.

19. malakas

malakas Member

bled and fasho I can't understand what you are saying and probably should just ignore your posts alltogether but anyway.

Don't act like every player is getting caught with multiple DUI a year and speaking about mar1juana to the likes of tmz either! If you are dumb you are dumb. And Lawson right now just doesn't give a damn if he gets caught or not.

20. micah1j

micah1j Member

No way you trade for him now. Wait for Denver to buy him out.