1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NBA2k Rant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can I just say how much I hate the direction of this game series with the addition of VC since 2013? I post on Reddit but I am convinced most posters, like the Youtubers, are paid folks working to promoted the brand. Well the brand sucks and basketball games as a whole are worse for it.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The games themselves are still great, I do agree though the VC stuff is utter bull****. It has no place in a game that you're paying $60 for. If the game was free, they can include their freemium garbage all they like. With that said...until NBA Live (or some other competent game comes along), it's the only game in town. In other words, bend over and deal with it. Same **** EA and the NFL have been saying to gamers for years.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I never play online so none of that other **** matters to me. To be fair they've done a good job of separating the bull**** from the MyGM and the MyCareer modes. VC is there but its not destroying your experience.

4. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

What is the problem you have with VC? Maybe it's because I play online a lot but I always seem to have a ton of VC. Also you can do a Daily VC Bonus on the 2k mobile app.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My problem with 2k is that in career mode your coach still threatens to bench you even if you are putting up like 40/20 every night if you have a less than stellar practice......In real life, you'd get your coach fired for that. I want the "Go to the GM and get the coach fired" button.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Each year 2K gets more and more lazy. One thing i don't like in 2K is that you can buy VC and its like a week after release people will have their myplayer ratings in the 90's.

7. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

We try to give players plenty of ways to earn VC without having to buy it. For gamers who find themselves short on time but want to keep up with the Joneses, purchasing VC is a nice option.

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

MyTeam is money making venture. It should be completely cash free.

edit: nevermind on the original comment. you're a developer.

9. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

As a die-hard Rockets fan, where else would I be? :)

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Dude sorry, I didn't realize you worked for 2K rather than being paid to promote it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

No worries man. I appreciate your honesty.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Breh, can you bring back Yao and or Spanoulis as a FA that I can sign for my team for 2k16? kthxbai!

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'd be happy if that dumb ass shot meter just goes away.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How about when you're shooting FTs and the ******* ****ING SHOT METER IS BLOCKED BY SOME PLAYER STANDING IN THE WAY?!?!?!

HOW THE **** DID THAT GET PAST THE GAME DEVELOPERS? DID THEY PLAY THE GAME EVEN JUST ONCE FOR A FEW MINUTES BEFORE SELLING IT MY GOD THAT'S FRUSTRATING

15. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

You work for 2K? Serious question, why isn't Joey Dorsey a 99?

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Dwight? Is that you?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have no problem with VC. I think 2K has done a good job of giving users a choice. Don't want to encounter 90 rated players the first week of release? Stay offline and grind until you get your ratings up, it doesn't take long.

The REAL issue is that MyPark has devolved into a zig zag 3-pt shooting contest. It's no longer fun because everyone plays the same way because that's the most effective way to win.

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

So I'm still playing 2k13 (don't judge me dawg!). Once they cut off the server, I can't buy accessories and clothing for MyPlayer anymore. I have like 100,000 player points. lol.

Them bastards. Why can't I buy stuff offline?

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This always annoyed the hell out of me. I was carrying a crappy team towards a possible (and totally unexpected) playoff birth, as a rookie, when my coach dressed me down for a bad practice. A practice I tried my best to do exactly what they had asked, by the way. I was absolutely killing it in the previous 15 games. I felt like leaving the team...lol.

My biggest gripe with 2K basketball is the fact that I cannot adjust the sliders in My Player mode because it's tied to an online mode. Let me opt out the online mode and adjust the effing sliders, please!

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes. But honestly, how stupid is this?

They have a shot meter to let you know when to release the joystick since everyone has a different release. Hmmm. Sounds good to me.

So why, why in the f***, would you make it so that every time you shoot a FT on one side of the court that crucial shot meter is blocked by an opposing guard standing back there? What the f***? And how could anyone play the game even just once without realizing this is a major **** up? And it seems easily fixable - just make the guy stand one inch over! My god! The game has been out for nearly a year and they haven't fixed this with an update? Unbelievable.

Also, it's dumb that you can't trade a player's rights during the draft. You could always do that in previous years.