1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics in Talks to get Danilo Gallinari?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Jul 13, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Celts/Denver discussed Gallinari deal, but nothing doing as of now. Some conflicting talk from sources, but may want to keep an eye on this.</p>&mdash; Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/620674032430505984">July 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing varying reports about Gallinari's availability. Some connected say DEN not looking to move him; others say it's open to discussion.</p>&mdash; Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/620676615454896128">July 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I got your back.

Click on those three dots at the bottom of the tweet. It will have option to embed. Copy and paste.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Celtics and Nuggets &quot;discussed&quot; Danilo Gallinari trade

<a href="http://t.co/jmViCATbUY">http://t.co/jmViCATbUY</a> <a href="http://t.co/5FHjvghP6a">pic.twitter.com/5FHjvghP6a</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/620694184299606016">July 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Celtics love hoarding assets that end up not being all that great of assets.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Gallinari is great if he's healthy. I'd take him as our stretch 4.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Chip Kelly runs the Celtics. :cool:

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._trade_talks_with_denver_for_danilo_gallinari

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Makes sense for Denver. Boston had a glut of young guards. A Gallinari-Lee lineup is a defensive nightmare for Boston though.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Gallinari would be more of a 3 if he played alongside Lee.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Isn't it interesting that Denver extended Chandler instead of Gallo? They were both eligible. He probably didn't accept.
    Besides if the Celtics want Gallo they can just sign him next year. I doubt he is dying to stay in Denver after all the trainwreck lately.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Morey, those are 2 teams with a plethora of PG's

from Thomas, Lawson, Bradley, Smart to Foye

They are exchanging large contracts and you have big non guaranteed contracts, get your ass in on that!

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Thanks for making Morey aware. I'm sure he had no clue

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Why not keep Gallo, dare him to stay healthy and let him light it up in a contract year? I don't get it.

Maybe Denver is trying to pry away one of Boston's PG's as a replacement for Lawson. I guess it that makes sense.

13. malakas

malakas Member

they are tanking/rebuilding so they don't care so much. If they can get a good asset for him he's out of the door. However he's expiring and with 16 teams having next year 20+ mil capspace his bird rights won't be worth that much in a trade atm.

Same case with Jones and DMO. Teams will have trouble keeping their free agents, both ufa and rfa.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

i want gallo on the rockets but only if the gamble costs only pap prig & jones

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

That's probably all it would take...he's injury prone and has low value on the market because of it.

16. malakas

malakas Member

no. it will take more. Jones is also coming off injuries and he is about to be a rfa. He's not worth Gallo. But then again if you trade for Gallo then Denver must give you permission to talk with him before so you know if he's interested to resign with you.

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He's expiring and playing in a position where many teams are locked in at. And the ones that aren't don't have the assets needed by Denver (SG, backup PF, backup Center). Also they just signed a guy who starts over him to a 46 million dollar extension. I'm not surprised they're trying to get rid of him. Papa, Prigs, Jones, and possibly a 1st rounder would do the trick imo

18. baubo

baubo Member

It's funny to see the Celtics take the same mediocrity/asset-collecting approach Morey did, trying to woo a star, and have failed over and over like Morey did post Yao. I'm so glad we got out of this cycle of endless mediocrity. Much thanks to Sam Presti and the OKC owner.

19. malakas

malakas Member

they can always send them picks instead of players. In fact Toronto could use Gallo and they have a lot of assets.

I'm not sure what the Celtics are doing atm wanting to trade for him though. Their roster is a mess.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well they did get lee so...