1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Truth in most jokes... lol

The "curse" is live and well

#181 Houstunna, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. cardpire

cardpire Member

F that. RAISE Tal's Hill.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear what your saying but that's basic baseball 101 if you can't bunt then why are you in the majors.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Blum makes a good point about the team needing to show some passion and the lack of passion starts with Hinch. He's too damn laid back and doesn't appear to stand up for his players much. Springer is passionate but can't do much being injured right now. The team is struggling and the lineup is not good enough but they also need someone to light a fire under their butts or something. Show some damn emotion/passion. That's why I started taking a liking to Obie. He appears passionate but keeps getting demoted. What do they want, a bunch of robots playing on the team or something?

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

They dont need to be addressed, the players ARE IN THE MINORS.

You just need to see this team not as playoff team, and instead a team that has young guys and are 1 or 2 years away from real playoff contention.

Why Gattis if you have Carter???? That is not a move that is understandable.
    I prefer Gattis over Carter, so that means you need Carter to go. Give Singleton a real chance, so you can trade him because that spot is for Reed, or make Tucker a 1b.

Why sit Marisnick??? Why????? Play the guy, PERIOD. Why play a left handed hitter???? IF they can't hit the f¢£™ change up, so that neutralize the lefty vs righty matchups.
    Lets play the guys that we want to be there in 2 years, instead of wasting at bats with guys like Carter, Presley, Gonzalez. Lets play and develop the young guys.

Move Correa from that third spot, and use Altuve. Altuve will not walk, will not have a high OBP, so let him hit third and maybe he will drive runs.

There are MANY WRONG THINGS going with this team. And yes, i've been saying that for a looooooong time, but many, because we were winning did not wanted to see it, now the way this team is playing gave me the reason of what i said.

Yes, FANS don't like to hear or read what is wrong with their team, but thats not my problem, that is yours.

6. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

They can bunt, what they can't do is drive them with Sac Flies or positive outs because they just STRIKE OUT so much. Is either K or homers

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

L.J. Hoes is on the way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros are calling up L.J. Hoes for the final game of the first half. Extra righty bat vs. lefty Moore <a href="http://t.co/Di2PEIDenN">http://t.co/Di2PEIDenN</a></p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/619982878655418368">July 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU SAY ITTTTTTTTT

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, now we are in AGREEMENT.

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Losing by 3 and Correa swung at ball 4

10. astros123

astros123 Member

cangre makes good points, even though he is a bit redundant

11. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

What is it this guy has given up 2 hits and Hinke keeps going out there ! Your up 3 stop slowing the game down

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't understand all the freak out. We all have known this is a feast or famine offense. We've gone through something like this kind of stretch before. Soon enough we'll blow up and score 12 runs and start mashing again for a while and then we'll go back into famine mode. That's the offense.

13. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing I would throw some bats around or get ejected show some fire

14. astros123

astros123 Member

the issue is that sort of offense is NOT feasible long term. You cant have majority of your team hitting sub .250

15. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

..and that's why an offense like this will never do anything come playoff time against elite pitchers.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Just swinging at so many pitches outside the zone.

17. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

18. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

If they make the playoffs:(

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

We don't have a number 4 hitter.

Only player we have is Gattis, and is not having a good year but beside him, no one else is good enough in that spot.

But lets forget about guys like Rasmus, Valbuena, ect hitting at that spot in the lineup, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Now, leave Gattis there and live or die with him there.

20. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

At this point, I no longer think pitching is the priority issue.