1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 10, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No rumors or multiple sources, this is purely to generate interest on cfans (and perhaps remind Morey).

The 28 yo 6'5" Serbian PG is arguably one of the best playmakers in Europe and is in his prime. I fell for him during the FIBA World Cup last year and was dumbfounded that he went undrafted in 2009.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teodosic is now the only 14-15 Euroleague First-Teamer under 30 never to play in the NBA. He's also the only Euroleague MVP under 30 not to.</p>&mdash; Brian Schroeder (@Cosmis) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cosmis/status/619571919650623488">July 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to Marc Stein, he was looking for $3m annually last year to make the jump from CSKA Moscow: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-excess-of-3-million-per-year-to-jump-to-nba/

If that is still true, he would fit into the MLE very nicely. Of course, there are many more factors at play.

I know some of you guys are still bitter about Llull :)rolleyes:), but this guy is easily one of the best possibilities for us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9a8Mv99xGI?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2eatFFtg55o?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S6wE1qA4Xyg?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. basketballholic

I think he's under contract through next season if I remember right. Would be an interesting get. But he'd have to be bought out and still have enough $$$ to make it worth his while. Now, if I'm wrong and he's a free agent let me know. Because if I knew he were a free agent I'd already have him on my value free agent list.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are Milos and Sergio Llull twins? They look alike.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is he related to Teletovic?

5. malakas

malakas Member

I hate him. Hope he doesnt come to the rockets.

6. shastarocket

^ Elaborate!

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Why? Im skeptical he'll ever come to the NBA. Do you think he won't fit here?

8. malakas

malakas Member

He is a punk And a horrible arrogant character . He gambles way too much and makes bad decisions. Dont judge only by the fiba i have seen this guy play for years. Wasted talent and he will always be a loser. Please dont come to the rockets please.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Name two decent prior Serbian players..........crickets......thanks.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, he isn't.

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Teodosic signed the most lucrative contract in Europe, he has a lot of gambling troubles, plays no defense and choking on Euroleague level, he's playing like lady: when he's in good mood, he's a highlight machine, when he's not, he's biching, throwing bricks arounds and ruining everything.

He's 5-21 on triples for CSKA Moscow in Final Four semifinals. CSKA lost every game except one on this stage with him, while having the most money by far in Europe

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I mean he has no consistency in his game and on-court attitude, that's why he will never come and succeed in the league.

No way we should sign him, no way he would come

13. malakas

malakas Member

yup exactly. Even his own teams fans don't like him. I am a PAO fan and I always liked when he played coz he costs games to his teams with his awful decisions. But he is so dirty and bad character.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Name 2 decent Nigerian players prior to Hakeem.

Not the best argument. That being said. I do not know teodosic. So i have no idea if he is good or not.

15. Carl Herrera

Vlade and Peja.

16. malakas

malakas Member

LOL crickets only maybe inside your brain. Serbia is one of the greatest european basketball schools and has produced too many GREAT basketball players.

17. shastarocket

Damn, never mind then haha

18. Carl Herrera

Excatly.

Serbia is much better than Greece, which only produces scrubs.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Lock the thread. You don't want this guy. Wasted talent. LAZY. VERY LAZY.

20. malakas

malakas Member

greece is the product of serbian/yugoslavian basketball school so yes serbia is much better than us. We got their coaches and many players after the war who taught us basketball.
    But scrubs? I know you are trolling though. Just thought it was a good opportunity to give this little tidbit of information to you.:)