1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Malakas is the new cyber? love it. Do the tea leaves read a trade for a stud offensive minded PG to pair with Bev? Asking for everyone.

2. Airdough

Airdough Member

It's in the Cavs best interests to help them. A deeper West means any opponent they get will hopefully be beat up by the finals. The Warriors looked tired at times in the Finals and were saved as much by the Cavs depth issues as they were by Iggy.

3. CCapps

CCapps Member

I keep seeing people referring to July 10th. What is important about that date? Sorry if it's already been said. I must have missed it.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Google "Brendan Haywood's contract" and then talk smack about a team wanting to trade for Haywood right now.

Don't worry. We'll all wait for you to catch up to the rest of us.

5. clutch citizen

this is my hypothesis as well. But I recall you knowing someone in the MIL organization. Do you know, in fact, that there is a deal? Or is this an educated guess?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the first day players can be signed.

1 person likes this.
  7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Free cap space.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing the Suns are trying to deal Markieff Morris, who has an affordable 8M/yr deal. He and Hornacek don't get along, plus Marcus is gone.</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) <a href="https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/618129371119886341">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. malakas

malakas Member

Bima. Can you please verify if this deal goes down the Clippers will be able to free the whole 10.5 of capspace? Thanx in advance.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

they can perhaps do something before that October fake deadline? or some midseason acquisition (similar to josh smith)

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

It could help them land Nene too unless Haywood becomes guaranteed before he could be dealt again.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Stop.

Making.

Sense.

I wondered about Nenê. Maybe if KJ, the rook, and maybe Harden / Brewer are to man the 3.......if Ariza goes back to Washington with, say, TJones.....Nenê and maybe a first rounder to his old stomping grounds...Lawson to us.

Whatever. But if Nenê is really on the block, should be plenty of teams calling, whether to have him or flip him.

13. malakas

malakas Member

the most expected thing to happen. Maybe they will talk to Toronto and grab something there. The Pacers have nothing to offer.

I am not an insider and I have NO source whatsoever (except from some leaks from the bucks forum that are so-so reliable )
    Just reading the situation. All I post is my opinion and nothing but my opinion.

14. count_dough-ku

Ok, let's say a PF gets traded. Presumably T-Jones unless there's a really good(i.e. All-Star caliber) player available for D-Mo. I still don't see why West would ever consider coming here unless Smith signs someplace else and that backup spot becomes vacant. Our PF rotation after that trade would be D-Mo(or T-Jones) and Smith. How many minutes does that leave for West(or Boozer or Amar'e)? And don't forget we just drafted Harrell. Even if he spends most of the year in the D-League, you figure Morey expects him to see minutes at some point.

I'm just speculating, but I think aside from resigning Smith, the Rockets are done stockpiling PFs. They need bodies in the backcourt.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, acquiring Haywood's contract does not CREATE cap space. The Clippers will still be over the cap.

What Haywood's contract does provide is a non-guaranteed TRADE CHIP that can be used to take in up to (but not more than) $15,522,500 in salary from another team looking to dump salary.

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

:eek::eek::eek:

17. craguin

craguin Member

David Lee ?

18. Freik

Freik Member

That's when you can actually sign free agents and make trades. Everything being announced right now is in preparation for 7/10.

That's why you see the terminology "LaMarcus Aldridge has "commited" or "will sign" with the SA Spurs.

19. malakas

malakas Member

thank you.
    This means Macbob and Nene. Maybe even David Lee.
    In any case the Clippers will be able to add a servicable PF.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But if they just waive him, it must help their situation?

I am not overly familiar with their current situation, but wouldn't ditching Crawford then waiving haywood put them at about 60m in salaries?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.