1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[iOS users] Apple Music Discussion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CaptainRox, Jul 1, 2015.

1. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Just updated my iPhone and got Apple music. Trying it out now. Wanted to see what my clutch fans brethren thought of it. My only gripe so far is that I can't block artists I don't like

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'll cancel my Spotify account during the free trial that way I can use it exclusively. If it's good I'll stay, if not then I'm going back.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

One thing I like about Spotify is that I use collaborative playlists a lot. Also, I like following my friends/playlists on Spotify.

But man, Apple has near to no restrictions on artists. It's going to be a tough 3 months to decide.

PS. Apple is doing a thing where if 6 people sign up on an account, it's 15 dollars total monthly, so 2.50 a person. Is this true?

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

IIRC 15 dollars a month is the family plan.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Xbox Music is $99 a year, download and stream all you want with apps in every ecosystem and on the web.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Beats1 is surprisingly entertaining.

It needs to still work out some useability/UI issues, but considering this is the first release, it's a pretty solid service. Along with the integration for iOS devices, it would have an advantage for a lot of people.

7. VanityHalfBlack

8. vstexas09

Can we make a thread analyzing Spotify vs. Apple Music vs. Tidal vs. Google Play?

I still can't decide whether to stick with Spotify or switch over to Apple Music.

9. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I'll give my vote to Google Play. I'm on Android, and I started using it because of the syncing features (have a huge collection of MP3s that I wanted to access anywhere) but the new radio features are legit. Ads aren't very intrusive at all right now.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

iTunes is confusing. The experience is way better on my iPhone.

I like the song selection though. Overall it doesn't blow Spotify away.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They f-cked up the interface. my **** is all whack now.

12. vstexas09

i used apple music for a week, and the plus is that there are little to no restrictions on the music...but i'm sticking to spotify.

the interface is stupid on apple music as with itunes...things could be much more simplified...

spotify lets me keep collaborative playlists and follow friends, not just artists...much more user-friendly

does anyone know if the radio is free though?

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Downloading music from GP is not easy to do, in my experience.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My family if 4 is enjoying the service, so far.

The app has quite a few 1.0 bugs. Not all artist links work. But I like the integration of what was Beats and iTunes Radio.

I am also pleased with the discoverability features and Beats 1 Radio. I sympathize with those struggling with the interface, it has rough edges, but in my family, we find it easy to navigate. Will be interesting to see how the service and app evolve over this first year.

15. vstexas09

Does anyone have any major qualms about Spotify?

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Liking Apple Music and may cancel Spotify.

Anyone else have weird touch glitches with the app? It doesn't respond to touch as sensitive as other apps it seems like.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

So far, not that impressed with Apple Music in comparison to Spotify. I don't care about Beats1 or the other radio stations. I can get the Spotify student rate, which is much cheaper than Apple Music. Because of the much cheaper rate, I will stick with Spotify.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've used Google Play Music for about 4 years now, when they first started where you can upload your own music of up to 20,000 (now 50k) songs, then they added the All Access 2 years ago when i was able to get the early adopter price of $8/month instead of the normal $10, and now their Songza integration is fantastic service

works great, like how you can just "Pin" (download specific songs) to your devices. I usually keep a few playlists downloaded on my device and does it to my phone/work phone/tablet

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Same here.

20. Dwarf

Dwarf Member

I am a Spotify User since the early days but when Apple announced Apple Music I was very excited about it for the following reasons: It is nicer to have a integrated solution (I am using Itunes) than the stand alone of spotify and I own apple products so I assumed the handling should be just better.
    Now that the trial is on I wouldn't say that I am disappointed but unfortunately the integration of apple products is not as I assumed. For example I can't use my apple shuffle for listening to offline music due to the DRM. In fact I can not use it at all for Apple Music. Maybe that is not a problem for many people but I still prefer my ipod shuffle than using my way too big iphone. I did a lot of research to overcome that problem but the only possible solution would be to record Apple Music from my sound card so i have a mp3 file to transfer it freely. I tried that with a http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/apple_itunes.html and this was working just fine but yeah as I said I just assumed that Apple would give us a solution for all apple devices.

I like the service itself so I am still a little twisted about changing it is a hard decision ;)