1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Don't want Lowry because he seemed to break under pressure in Toronto and they're going to ask for a lot for him. I love him as a player, but I don't think he'd be as helpful as we all assume he would

2. rockets13champs

I want Lou will.
    I feel like Lou Will i just got the new deal - drake
    6 man

3. mockster

mockster Member

Yeah n harden didn't. Remember when in game 4 or 5 lost the ball on the last shots ga the Warriors

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Gerald Green was a stoner but he could shoot. If McDaniel develops a 3 point shot it will be something he's never done before. Without a 3 point shot Brewer is by far better. Even Nick Johnson is arguably better. So you are betting he can develop one and that's worth some risk but MLE like some suggest. Not even close. And for those who think he would be a lottery player this year, one word, crazy. RH Jefferson went 23 and he's a much better hustle player and defender. Dunking is nice but without other skills its kind of wasted.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Are you comparing Lowry to Harden? Not saying Harden didn't collapse in the end. But he came up big in the regular season in crunch time. Lowry was decent at it, but more than not, he diminished under pressure. Also, they're two completely different players. One is an MVP candidate. One barely made the all star team in the east.

6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

His defensive skill set is what makes him valuable. IF he can hit the 3 with a little consistency it would be great! We have a couple players that come in with defensive intensity and make a difference in the game. Think about Bev, He puts up 10 a game and hits a couple 3's. Why couldn't McDaniels do that as well? If he can play great defense while he's in the game and not turn the ball over on the offensive side of the ball he'd be a great addition.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Defending is a lot more than running down court and blocking shots from behind. What he is, is an amazing athlete but it takes brains and length and athleticism to be a great defender. It's the hope of a good defender we are betting on. If I'm Gm I'm willing to bet about 2 mil. Let's see what morey thinks. And the league for that matter. I would be surprised at anything over half the MLE from anyone.

8. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Cyber is dead.

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Dear Cyber,

Please type something simple to show the fellow CFS that you are still alive and well. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Captain Hook

10. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Cyber, Be Well!

11. theprof

theprof Member

He did go HAM!

12. Nook

Nook Member

They are spending money to compete, they are not dealing Lowry unless the Raptors curator which won't be anytime soon.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I'm 1000% open to be proven wrong -- but as of now, nothing about Nick Johnson excites me. Glad to hear they plan on at least trying to match KJ, though. Really wish he was playing in Summer League.

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I am actually legitimately worried cyber. Happy fourth by the way to all!!!:grin::

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Yup, that was me! I love O'Quinn, and I actually don't hate NY's moves so far.

16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    For those asking, no further word on what Raptors are up to. Something brewing but don't have a timeline

Lowry to Houston?

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Hard to do turnovers from the bench.

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Same here. He's athletic, but other than that he doesn't have any redeemable qualities. People always praise his defense, but to be honest it just a little above average. Nothing jaw dropping. His potential to me is a worse Tony Allen.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm sure Cyber is busy cashing them check from his clients being overpaid. :p(assuming he's working on the agent side of things)

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Man. I could not possibly disagree more with this entire post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.