1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When are we signing Aaron Brooks already?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jul 4, 2015.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

C'mon, you know it's inevitable...........

Seriously though, he could be a good enough fit and a value deal. Sounds like we've got no money left. If we could swap TJones for a better PG, great, but I don't see anything realistic.

Add Brooks to this rotation, and he is instantly the best 3 point shooter (always hovers around 40%). Still quick enough to create better than Bev or the old dudes. Believe it or not, he even had decent defensive numbers last year, though that will never be a strong suit.

If we can sign Stuckey for the vet minimum, great, but I don't see that happening. PLEASE don't bring that spaz Lin back. Let's just have Brooks come in and make a few clutch threes for us.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

AB: forever a rocket

...until Morey flips him for a 2nd pick

3. malakas

malakas Member

I think unless they trade Taj or Noah the Bulls will want to resign him.

4. cebu

cebu Member

nice thread :)

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Did u watch the playoff? Aaron brooks got out played by dellavedova, at this point of their career , Bev>AB, no need to bring him back.

7. oakdogg

See, why do we waste our time chasing after LMA when it puts us behind other teams in the Aaron Brooks sweepstakes?!!

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They never shouldda ditched him again...

he fits this team perfectly now, and since the last time they traded him. A scoring PG off the bench who can create his own shot. The options are very limited right now and he would be a fantastic addition. He or Stuckey is who I want now

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

We own him a ring for everything he did for us. Sign him for MLE to play back-up PG already!

10. Mr Chuck Norris

I don't think brooks wants to come back now.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i wouldnt sign a non two way player for the MLE. Also he is undersized. If he wan't undersized then that would be a diffferent issue because he could play defense.

12. chandlerbang21

13. beardnation

beardnation Member

sure morey was looking around whilst waiting for LA

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am all in for Brooks or Stuckey or a snt for Collison. I think snt for anyone helps we have too many players. 12 committed and we have signed mcDaniel or Harrell and we need another pg or 2.

15. oakdogg

I didn't watch much of that series. That's actually surprising and disappointing. Still, Aaron wouldn't be competing with Dellavedova on the Rockets. The more relevant question is whether he is better than Terry and Prigs. I would think so.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He'll come back for money. He likes Houston and it wasn't like we dumped him. He wanted to go to Denver. It was his choice. The only draw back is McHale doesn't seem to like him. If he is not going to play him and choose Terry over him then it's a waste.

17. malakas

malakas Member

aaron brooks was outplayed by bayless too. It was quite funny.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wonder what Brooks can fetch now, I feel like he's stabilized him self enough to ask for a 5 mill per deal like CJ Waston.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't see the Rockets adding Brewer and Smith last year without losing a single rotation player. But Morey did it. I didn't see the James Harden trade. But Morey did it. I didn't see the Rockets stealing Dwight away from Los Angeles. But Morey did it.

I've accepted that I can't see what Morey sees. Maybe you should too.

1 person likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

vet minimum. He was quite bad in the playoffs. I watched all the bulls po games. He is last resort.