1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Monroe signs max deal with Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 2, 2015.

1. RAY_GORDON_REID

TRANSMISSION

770TWO5 HOUSTON TEXAS USA EARTH

RGR NEWS MEDIA

MESSAGE CONTENT: FEER THE DEAR INDEED NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOSEEATION TEAMS IN THE CONFERENCE EASTERN MISSISSIPPI RIVER TAKING ADVANTAGE OF WEAK TOP HALF. BAMBI GROWN UP NOW EXPECT TOP 3 IN DIVISION TWO THOUSAND 16.

BONUS TRANSMISSION: JABARI PARKER GATERAID CHEWS AND GIANNIS FREAK FROM GREEK EURO STYLE SANDWICH BIG SELLING POINT FOR ANY FA.

2. MONON

MONON Member

Was wondering when you'd chime in. That's a great signing for y'all! And to think he turned down the Knicks and LAKERS in the process! :grin:Congrats to you & Buck nation!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Well lets see: New York, Los Angeles or Milwaukee?

I'm really glad this happened.

The shooting issue won't go away and the offense might be pretty ugly.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

In two years, they'll have 4 all stars on that roster. Middleton, Giannis, Parker, and Monroe. Top 2 or 3 team in the east. Heck I'll take them over the Bulls now.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's pretty funny

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

have my doubts about monroe starting at the 5. he's more of a natural 4. doesn't provide defense. other than that, i like the signing. one of middleton/jabari/giannis is going to have to come off the bench.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Absolutely LOVE this move by the Bucks! FEAR THE DEER!

Congrats Malakas!

8. malakas

malakas Member

Its not like i dont have doubts but considering this is the single best signing of a free agent in the last 20 years no complaibts.

He can play the 5 and luckily bucks got two rim protecting 4s. And he better improve his defence.

What you need to know is that the arena deal got pulled out of the budget and has been postponed for aeptember. It wqs a MUST to get someone good fa to rise some more interest. Or we move to seattle. Monroe is the biggest fa signing in decades. Sure hes no flashy name to casual nba fans but for the locals its a miracle.

9. malakas

malakas Member

We dont have the luxury to rebuild slow and take the philly way. We are pulling all the chips on giannis and jabaris becoming stars in the next 2-5 years right now. Or we simply just selected a pick for seattle.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good! I will be rooting for the Bucks!

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Does Giannis make the leap this year??? shall see.

Really like the way the Bucks put their squad together...and the deals look pretty reasonable...

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MAX PLAYER UPDATE: Last year 88% of Greg Monroe's shots came within 8 ft. of the rim; he made just 51% of those shots <a href="http://t.co/x6jktpIXSK">pic.twitter.com/x6jktpIXSK</a></p>&mdash; Kirk Goldsberry (@kirkgoldsberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/616665193834225667">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. arjun

arjun Member

didn't watch the pistons too much but i'd assume spacing was not that good with dre and monroe.

he might get better spacing and looks on the bucks with parker at the 4.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm happy for you malakas! I really enjoy and appreciate your contributions to the board. It's also so great to see the "little guy" from "flyover country" beat the big bad Knicks and Lakers.

I'll be a Bucks fan for 80 games/year now thanks to you, Mallory, and The Greek Freak.

15. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking but they're all so talented that I think you have to start all of them. MCW Middleton Jabari Giannis Monroe is a good starting 5 and they have Henson off the bench who can block shots and rebound well.

16. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

I thought he made a pretty big leap this last year and STILL doesn't have a jumpshot. 6'11, 20 years old, averaged 13/7/3 with his ability to block shots, get lots of steals and guard 3-4 positions. That's scary

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Mother of God.

Length for days.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow didnt realize Parker was only 6'8....why was everyone all over him in the draft again? Herrelson got snubbed all the way to the 2nd round, and he is only 1 inch smaller and has a longer standing reach

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because he had the most NBA-ready offensive game and was compared to Melo a lot in that regard, an immediate go-to guy that will average 20+ ppg for his career.

And who is "Herrelson"? If you talk about Josh Harrelson or our new PF, they're aren't similar to Jabari in any way. It would be like comparing Melo to Tristan Thompson or Cole Aldrich.