1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why wasn't Dwight at the Aldridge meeting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well you got it still better than us in europe that games start 2am :eek: btw hope exum pans out. You can have a good national team with even more talent coming out i heard. Unless its more hyping :grin:

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Jeanieous

3. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah. I realise most here see this thread as an opportunity to troll or make jokes or say if thats the reason he rejects us then we dont want him..but it DOES not make sense why Dwight wasnt there unless someone is naive to believe that the rockets are sso disorganised franchise that leave everything to luck and last minute decisions. Or smth emergency hapoened to dwight that we dont know.
    it speaks not only to this situation but more about Dwight himself and why he wont help out recruit a big star.

4. Fantasma Negro

My sources tell me Nick Johnson was also unavailable dur to Morey not asking him to be there

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

People should be sacrificing their own personal success to be there to help the Rockets win the title.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Right...sorry for making spelling errors with english not being my first language. Definitely it negates the meaning of my posts and my arguments.:rolleyes:

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

nah the best guy is next draft ben simmons, he's huge already for a forward most likely will be around the 6-7 to 6-9 range playing the 3.

exam should of always gone to college in the states but wanted to protect his draft stock. he played against scrubs in melbourne and dominated

1 person likes this.
  8. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Should have brought along Stevie Franchise.

9. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Exactly. And if Dwight was not there because he feels like the Rockets acquiring LMA hurts his personal success, than thats something everyone involved needs to take into account. Maybe LMA doesnt want to play alongside a center who doesnt want him there. This could explain why Phoenix, after signing Chandler and having him at their meeting, suddenly appears to be on his short list.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I hear they brought Joey Dorsey along to carry the bags.

11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I think this was a shot at the Lakers and "Jeannie" Buss, not your spelling. At least I hope so. If so,......brilliant.

12. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

yeah how dare Dwight go to Australia with a contracted obligation !

hey Les was there though ! lol

Go Rockets !

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

What's this crap ? ok not looking at any more stupidity.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

Dwight became friends with DMo, they both now eat oisters...

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Where was Harden? Oh right, beard deep in skanky pu55y....:rolleyes:

16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Stupid? How so? I'm not even saying I know whether or not Dwight wants him here, or if his absence from the meeting was an indication of such. Maybe he literally couldnt get out of his Australian obligations and his absence was truly unavoidable, but I was mainly referring to the perception of his absence to the LMA camp. Maybe LMA took Dwight not being there the wrong way. I think having him there would have definitely helped the pitch. I just cant really see any reason how the Suns; even after signing Chandler; suddenly passed the Rockets on his short list. (If they indeed have)

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

What are you talking about?

Dwight was only on the Lakers for 1 year, not 2. What does LMA living in LA have to do with anything? He couldn't hear the news that Dwight and Kobe didn't get along (at all) from the news anywhere else? I live in Houston and I knew that. Not only that, it sounds like LMA wasn't all that impressed with Kobe in their meeting anyway so he probably doesn't care whether or not Howard got along with him.

18. Voice of Aus

which is?

i know he was here last year aswell, but why is he always here?

19. Voice of Aus

felt like 10 years :grin::grin:

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i feel like im losing brain cells just reading this thread.