1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaHaveHeart

To begin with DM stated big deals unlikely and small moves would be made. The big deals are going to come via trade or SnT LMA.

We have to keep in mind that our squad reached WCF minus 2 starters. Wouldn't be opposed to keeping team intact plus a CJoseph n Stuckey

What say you?

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

KD is back, and it looks like the Warriors are going to stay together. Some changes have to be made or they won't be back to the WCF.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way of knowing if KD will ever be healthy again and the Warriors were a fluke.

4. Spursfan66

Spursfan66 Member

Just fyi...Patty Mills was with Spurs contingent in LA too w/ LMA (were friends on Blazers) So Spurs do NOT have to trade Mills for space

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thanks for the correction guys. I guess I got the massive announcement and presentation he got in Houston crossed.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Warriors winning a title may have been a fluke, but them beating the Rockets wasn't (1-8 is terrible), and you can't count on a player being injured, you have to prepare as if all teams will be at full strength.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol

66 wins with historic statistical dominance is a fluke

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

The Warriors health was a fluke...

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Dubs never played the Rockets at full strength....

When a big man goes down with the Yao Ming injury, you can't ever count on them being at full strength again. I get why you would plan for them being fully healthy, but it's just not likely. Also, even if they are at full strength, I'm not sure that's better than the current Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most people get it, the others...well, what can you say?

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Their season was great but their post-season was questionable because all the teams they faced were marred with injuries and the Warriors were all healthy.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I like to picture Cyberx as an older guy who try's to keep up with modern euphemisms

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Not to say your post isn't accurate, but they did get really lucky in the playoffs. They played teams that had multiple injuries at many positions. Memphis was missing Conley for a part of the series, we know Houston was missing Bev and Dmo, and then they got a completely depleted Cleveland team in the Finals. Lebron was Lebron but I think if any of the West teams made the finals they would have beat Cleveland.

14. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

truthtalk

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I. Hollered.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Fluke?

No...but they had excellent health and played a Cavs team without starters Love, Irving and Varejao... all the other teams they played were injured as well..

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Changes don't have to be made. If we have a healthy Beverley and DMo, and then add Harrel and Decker, then that may be enough. I wouldn't make changes just to make changes.

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If warriors winning the title was a fluke then whats stopping people from saying Rockets beating the Clippers was also a fluke????

19. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Nothing.

Punks everywhere are saying that crap.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because those things have nothing in common whatsoever. It's like saying "If 1+1=2, what's stopping 7+2=17?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.