1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

He took a discount and less years to play in atlanta? I thought they had matched. What confidence. Hes betting than in two years he can cash out again.

2. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

As long as he doesn't go to the Spurs.

3. Amir's Johnson

I hope Draymond commands more money than that

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

In the past 24 hours in this thread I have seen LMA pretty much join the Lakers, Spurs and Suns. LOVE FREE AGENCY!

Seems like the Rockets plans are wait until LMA denies us, then trade for a PG and resign Brew and Smith.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You're right -- I think the status is still "closing in on a deal."

6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

You said it yourself, he had guaranteed money, he took less to sign with Houston. What's to say he won't get hurt or something and he makes less than what he had on the table. Just giving credit where it's due to one of our own guys that didn't chase the money like Melo, Bosh and all these other guys getting crazy money that aren't worth it.

1 person likes this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It is true, the Spurs just made the cap clearing moves already because they are more confident. If Aldridge chooses us, we can easily make room.

Not that I think he's coming.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No way is westbrook better.... Better athlete sure player not a chance if you think objective not with bias he actually does nothing then harden better from a basketball standpoint but defense and even that's debatable as he's not as good as his attributes would suggest...... Now AD I'm not mad if you like him better long term but as of today he still not better if your trying to win in the next 2 years. He's still to young and his offense is raw.

I respect your opinion but Russ just doesn't make his teammates perform better they underperformed down the stretch and that falls on him they had talent around him to grab that 8th seed and erg rockets fan wanted that to happen because we woulda had the 14th pick (Cameron Payne)

He's a great talent and top 7 player but harden KD and Lebron can win 50 games a season with any roster.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How fun would it be for Dallas to pick up Lin and Asik this off-season.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Lol bugs :grin: they are but most of the teams who want bigs have no assets to give up ( that they would give up). It mostly is good news for indiana bwcause it keans they can get smth back for hibbert.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Asik is signed i think.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blah! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LMA?src=hash">#LMA</a> already knows! TOR/NYK are filler. He'll say it 2nite or 2morrow. SAorHOU. HOU chances still at 75-85%
    IDK SA%. PHX has no %.</p>&mdash; Doc Rocket (@Thedocrocket) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/616377535861882880">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Man Grizzlies getting Wright for 6M a year is such a steal I am shocked more people weren't after him. His has shown his ceiling as a player but he is a capable big man defensively and scores well off of the roll

14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Nope, nothing agreed on yet but he's negotiating with N.O.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's hope Doc is better with percentages than bballholic.

1 person likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well there goes clutchfans sleep for tonight.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

David Pick on Twiiter saying LMA is not going to PHX

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haha, i'm completely cool with him going to Phx.

Gets rid of the Blazers and Spurs stay old. Makes the west weaker as a whole.

19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'll say this about Doc, when the whole media was saying Dwight was going everywhere but the Rockets, and everyone freaked when he was making one last plane trip to LA, he constantly posted that he was coming to Houston.

20. alethios

alethios Member

this could be why everyone is so tight-lipped (except for Doc) in the Rockets' corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.