1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just putting 2 and 2 together between this and what Cyber said about Aldridge thinking Cousins would go to LA:

Sounds like Aldridge is unwilling to go solo to the Lakers. Be it trade or FA, it seems he wants a partner in this venture if he's going to take the leap of faith.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't want rumors; I want resignings. Smith/Brew/Bev and KJ, if he will.

Then a nice addition at the 1 and D at the 5. Will that play at the theatre?

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

And this is what is so frustrating as there is Harden and Howard fresh off a WCF appearance standing by in a state with lower taxes and closer to family!

Maybe mmtola will be correct after all..

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LMA/DJ could take less, or S&amp;T scenarios could develop. Not impossible. But signing them both outright to $18.9 mm maxes basically is.</p>&mdash; Nate Duncan (@NateDuncanNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/616024025324589056">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. malakas

malakas Member

They are trying to trade russel and randle too. Pelton comfirmed.
    They shoukd trade them for cousin or s+t for buttler and ask for one year discount at 15 mil from both.

6. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

"Please come take less because this old dude that will jack up all the shots squeezed us out of all of our money."

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It could just be LA thinking ahead. It makes them more attractive to say they have the space...

8. solodolo

solodolo Member

The blazers fall off is so good

No LA . No Batum . Maybe no Wes . Traded will barton for a one year rental of affalo

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kobe is trying to assemble the best group of players possible
    to stand around and watch him chuck up shots at 38%

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I would prefer the Blazers remain competitive than the Lakers just roll over and land the big name free agent.... again.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There's no point to clearing the space if you don't have a plan to immediately use it. I don't think Aldridge is going to be impressed by "max cap space" if there's no one there to take it and it's just sitting there unused.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hate the Lakers more than the Blazers.

13. malakas

malakas Member

The lakers must get someone who is on a rookie max. Cant have two on second max thats too much and will need discounts. Could a boogie deal go down tonight?

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't get jordan going to the lakers even with lamarcus their. He still plays second fiddle in the front court he has no playmaker up top but Kobe assuming they have to trade Russell to get the cap room. Just doesn't make sense from his standpoint might as well stay in LA with the clips more money better team.

If I'm the lakers I'm not catoring to Kobe Bryant getting LMA is not going to make them a contender he couldn't do it in Portland with lillard he def can't do it in purple and gold with a grandpa Bryant as your running mate. Keep Russell the guy is going to be a stud they need to realize you can't just high jack whatever players you want because your the lakers...... I really hope they fall flat on their face again so they can be reminded that this is the NBA theirs no easy shortcuts to contention. They had Kobe Bryant for 20 years won a lot of rings and playoffs series. Enjoy it but it's over Time to build around Russell and let him attract the big name guys. It the only way it going to work for them.

I want LMA in Houston but he's not a franchise player IMO like harden Lebron KD AD and curry. Russell whil slim has the chance to maybe get in that group and if not he could be very close like a westbrook who's 80% their.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't know what is going to happen, but all things considered, Morey has us in position for a potential dynasty for the second year in a row.

Having the flexibility to dump a few assets and create max cap space can pretty much force Portland into a sign and trade.

Man o man, all we need is for Aldridge or Love to say yes. Hell, I'd even take a Millsap.

If a Sign and trade is workable, this is possible:

Beverley / Llull / Terry
    Harden /
    Ariza / Brewer
    Aldridge / Dmo / Harrel
    Howard / Capela

That team is flat out nasty.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't think it's possible to get LMA without giving up Ariza.

17. omgTHEpotential

Not much of a bench though.

18. maw7079

maw7079 Member

You can't explain it to some of these folks. They are intent on getting something for nothing.:rolleyes:

19. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Hi all I am back.

20. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

GTFO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.