1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deshen, Jun 29, 2015.

1. deshen

deshen Member

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Talent wise, yes, fit wise, not quite. + I would trade for Bledsoe before I sign Wade for 3 years 50 million

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He's probably going to LAL or CLE. I would take him if he'd be willing to play off ball and take a big pay cut.

4. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

He's looking to get paid. Not worth us having to free space for an aging guard when we've got the best SG in the league.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doesn't fit. We need guys who can actually shoot from game to game.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Only if he's willing to take the vet min.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's not like Wade hasn't ever been the primary ballhandler on a team though.

Plus, he can create his own shot and can post up most PGs / many SGs. Not a farfetched idea for Wade and Harden to be in the backcourt at the same time.

With that said, Wade wants to get paid while he's still young enough to get paid big bucks.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I second that. And Bledsoe would not even be my first choice this season. Llull would, more cost effective and it would not take picks and players to acquire him.

10. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

so if you sign wade with the intent to win it all he needs to play a minimum of 100 games to factor in the largest part of success. yeah right

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's one thing to handle ball handling every now and then, it's another thing to take over point guard responsibilities totally. Wade has always had a starting point guard. I can see them in the game at the same time but I don't see that working if that is the primary lineup. Bringing the ball up the court 90% of the time takes energy.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't think he has any interest in coming to Houston. I don't think Houston will show any interest in getting him.

It is hard to see how the fit would work. Maybe he and Harden could figure it out and euro-step the other team to death? We won't ever have a chance to find out.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

pass. he'll never play a full season again. lebron's last year in miami they rested wade almost the entire second half of the season to have him ready for the playoffs and he was still burnt out by then. he's done.

right now he's either looking for a max deal to cash out the last couple of years, or to chase a ring with a contender. i wouldn't mind him for the MLE instead of llull. but he'd have to be the 3rd guard in the rotation.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Too old, too injury prone, too expensive and too much of an ego to take a back seat to Harden.

But as long as where talking about long shots...

I wouldn't mind Monte Ellis at all in a S&T (if we could even convince Dallas to do so) he'd be an excellent 6th man and could play plenty of minutes at the point. Ellis and Harden wouldn't be too great on defense, but holy hell would they tear teams to shreds on offense.

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Gabby Union is not living in Houston. Cleveland maybe, LA/NY certainly but here? Nah.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wade-Harden backcourt.
    Yes.

Wade-Howard pick and rolls.
    Yes.

Wade's knees exploding mid-season.
    Yes.

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wade came into this league as a big PG, then transitioned to SG during his rookie season.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He's been willing to play below his market value before, so it would be foolish to not at least consider him if this were, indeed, a real possibility.

But I think we all know he's most likely staying in the Eastern Conference.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Washed up.