1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Undervaluing of Trevor Ariza - Do you trade him for a LMA/Love type player if possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Jun 25, 2015.

?

How do you value Ariza?

1. I would trade Ariza for Love

27.8%
  2. I would NOT trade Ariza for Love

31.8%
  3. I would trade Ariza for LMA

73.7%
  4. I would NOT trade Ariza for LMA

10.6%
  5. I would trade Ariza for a max level player, but not for Love or LMA

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Make a series of traded to build up salary. Then make the move for Aldridge while keeping Ariza.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we can s&t bev and brewer

jones, dmo, 18th, kostas, s&t bev and brewer. thats fair

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we can s&t bev and brewer

jones, dmo, 18th, kostas, s&t bev and brewer. thats fair. plus theres filler with future picks, dorsey, rights to overseas players, etcs

4. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

id keep ariza.. just upgrade pg position
    trade 18th + jones + fillers for an all star pg

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ariza and Jones for Aldridge????? All day

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'd trade him for Aldridge without hesitation. I wouldn't trade him for Love though.

7. hakeemthagreat

If the Blazers asked for Ariza & Dmo, Dmo's azz is headed to Portland on the first plane out. Dmo had a solid season but should be in no way untouchable. Let's not get carried away here

8. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i m pretty sure that cavs team with love and irvings or either one of them will beat the GSW

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I would not trade him. Brewer isn't a starter, and not confident in first round pick. I like the tough defensive edge he gives.

We may be able to do something with Denver for Lawson. Find a team to jump in and take Gallinari.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Ariza is one of my favorites on the team and is indeed undervalued, but come on. You can't drag your feet at trading a role player for a star just because you don't have a quality backup. It would be super easy to follow it up by pitching a surplus PF for a Wilson Chandler type.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lord Threeza has served us well

but for LMA he shall be let go imo

but we do need another anchor defender on the wing if we do let him go, he kind of changed the entire team's attitude on defense

12. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

This is exactly what I'm saying. Trade with a team that has a good nonguaranteed deal to build up more salary. We would have to wait the 2 months before we could sign and trade, but that would be alright.

2 names that come to mind are ben gordon and caron butler, who both make 4.5 million this season.

Especially for the magic who are rebuilding and have a front office that values picks, give them the NYK 2nd or Portland 2nd which has become a lot more valuable.

Add more salary that way, and use dekkers contract and we're good to go.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Drafting Dekker and Ariza's tweet make me wonder if something's up.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you have to move Ariza, as painful as it might be, in order to get a player like Aldridge or Love, you obviously do it.

That being said, you do NOT trade him prematurely until you know for a fact that this type of player is 100% committed to joining the Rockets, or the trade is bringing back that type of player.

The Rockets have ways to still be good at the SF spot, and actually could improve alot offensively with several of their SF prospects. Defensively is where you'd miss Ariza the most.

Given that Love and LMA are such long shots I do not expect the Rockets to seek out trades for Ariza just yet unless they get strong feedback from their camps that they want to come to Houston. Then you get the crazy difficult task trying to move out Ariza, Pap, Jones, Prig, Dorsey, and probably D-Mo for just enough cap space to sign them.

So more than likely the "trade Ariza" talk is a moot point. I think his biggest threat to being traded would actually be if Dekker shows up and beats him out, or if KJ is retained and takes minutes as well. Then you might see him moved in order to get them more PT. Unfortunately, I don't think KJ will be retained, and Dekker will probably take a year to develop the skills needed to get PT. I think we keep Ariza at least another year.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he's a smart guy and knows enough about the business to see that there is possibility that the Rockets go after a big fish, and its obvious his salary would have to go in that case.

But I don't think its likely. If I had to speculate, I think he was expressing the fact that he loves it in Houston and wants to stay, but understands the business that anything is possible.

However, unlike previous years, I don't think Morey makes the risky move to trade him preemptively like with Asik and Lin. So I think Ariza will probably get to go on loving Houston for another year at least, but he's a smart guy whose been around for awhile. I think he knows its a possibility.

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Its a very hard decision just because of the fact that ariza is one of the, if not the best on ball defender in the league.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

If our starting PF this past season was Aldridge/Love instead of Jones/Smith, the Rockets are celebrating their first championship in 20 years.

Morey can easily get another 3 and D wing player.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Do not know the result with Love, but with Aldridge, I say Yes.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

LMA is not max level player?

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The only way you move guys like Ariza, is if a legitimate star is available for him, otherwise a big NO. I can't count how many games would have been out of reach where Ariza's presence on the defense was the factor. He is VERY underrated in this forum. In my opinion, and surprisingly, he was the most consistent guy for us during the playoffs, VERY solid defense and his effort was there even in blowout games.