1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] Copa América 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Nov 24, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Knowing DaDakota he more than likely meant always having the Cup here in the U.S. of A. and dissolving CONCACAF and CONMEBOL and all the other competitions and calling it "Copa America Cup." :grin:

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

My plan, keep CONCACRAP and CONMEBOL federations but get rid of Gold Cup and keep a combined Copa America. Every 4 years, 16 teams, 10 CONMEBOL teams and 6 CONCACRAP teams, in 4 groups of 4, no invitees. Official FIFA tournament so full rosters for all teams. The highest finisher from each region gets a Confed's ticket which is the only prize of the current regional tournaments anyway. Don't touch/merge the federations at the club level at all. Club level stays exactly the same.

Will never happen because tiny insignificant soccer Caribbean nations have all the power. It's a joke.

3. SwoLy-D

^ ^ ^^ Yeah, Trinidad is ranked so high now!!!! Argh. :mad: ^ ^ ^

SRSLY speaking...

U$A won't allow that at all becau$e the Gold Cup i$ $o important to them to be held here... I am not $ure why, though. :confused:

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I disagree. The CONCACRAP 6 would make way more money in the combined tournament just on TV contracts and sponsorships alone. The losers are the CONCACRAP teams outside of those 6 which are mostly the island nations who have a massive voting bloc. The islands would lose their golden goose in the Gold Cup which would literally kill them. Seriously I think their FA's would shutdown. Only way the plan happens is if the islands get paid or they lose their voting power.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The problem with the 31 Carib bloc is that about half of them are not even nations. They're overseas territories. Why they should get an equal vote to the
    US or Mexico is beyond me.

If you're not a country, you lose your vote. Period!

6. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, no excuses for the finger up the butt. Jara is pretty known in Chile for doing really weird stuff to get the opposing forwards to react. Picking noses, grabbing people's nuts, and now he's added the prostate exam. Don't know how opposing coaches haven't told their forwards to not fall into his dumb traps. Jara has been sent off a good number of times when forwards just ignore him and the refs notice what an idiot he is.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

I dated a Chilean chick once and she tried to put a finger up my butt one time we were getting intimate...guess it all makes sense now.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

9. SwoLy-D

When was the last time the Gold Cup was held outside the U.S.A.? :confused:

That's what I mean. The revenue in stadium tickets sold would be lost.

The Copa América (really of the continent of América, not of Los Estados Unidos de Norteamérica) would be held in random places in the continent, which the U.S.A. would lose out [of money]. :eek:

10. Beavis Stiffler

It's not just the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). It's also The Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) that's involved in blocking a potential CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger. Canada will lose revenue if a merger does happen.

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The Gold Cup is every 2 years. For a few years they were held in even years, but they have mostly been in odd years. The Copa America has been played the year after the World Cup.

As far as the Gold Cup, this can be played the same years as the European championship so that the winner can go to the Confederations Cup the following year. Why does the Gold Cup need to be played the same year as the Confederations Cup?

Adding Concacaf countries (with all top players) to the mix of the Copa America can only help the tournament. They can rotate between continents or have every third in North America. Concacaf will be the big winner by the experience of playing against the best competition outside of Europe. And hopefully it will strengthen the ties between both confederations who have been marginalized to some extent by the Asian, African and Carib blocs created by Blatter.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I don't want both confederations to merge. But I would like them both to cooperate in upgrading the Copa America so that the best teams from both Americas can play. A 16 team tourney from both confederations would be a given. Nothing gets taken away from the Conmebol confederations and you have more interest from the countries outside of the USA and Mexico to send their best teams to play.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I LOVE PERU! VIVA LA Blanquirroja! VIVA Claudio Pizarro!
    VIVA the girl above!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uh, Colombia and Argentina penalty shootout

16. Beavis Stiffler

:eek:

OMG Wow, both teams missing these PKs.

17. Beavis Stiffler

18. Beavis Stiffler

Damn. Really feel bad for Colombia.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Argentina-Colombia penalty kicks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AWSErV2VYLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Colombian fan's reaction

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRTo0tuDbO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>