1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I didn't think of it that way, but he will ask for a lot of money IMO.

2. saleem

I don't think he will come either, but if he does, then I feel Morey will try to retain Bev too, provided if no one overpays him.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why are people quoting Doc? When has he last been right? Must be the last century.....

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Hmmm over/under on 2000 pages by this time Friday morning if the rockets make a megatrade?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He'll be here. He has to keep quiet about it for awhile, but he'll be here. That's my guess. But we'll see.

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Llull game is very close to a young Manu Ginobili. I don't trust you, I trust Morey and Morey has been on Llull for years. I love the Wolverine but if he gets big money he'll be gone. Llull will be a perfect combo guard along side Harden. There is a chance we get both.

7. Sanity2disChaos

BINGO......If he really wants to come here and has made it evident then we just need to sit back and watch the fireworks!!! he has leverage.

REDNation

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The thing to remember is that the only teams who say "no S&T!" with their outgoing star players are generally those that feel shocked and betrayed. In other words, the only teams that won't play ball are those that genuinely feel they can keep their guy. After the Batum deal, I think it's very obvious that the Portland front office thinks Aldridge is gone. Because of that, they're a lot more likely to be practical, IMO, and consider trades that give them assets to rebuild around.

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

It's in Portland's best interest to organise a sign and trade so as to get assets for the outgoing player.

If they can pick up Ariza, Pap, Prig and T-Jones vs nothing, I suspect they would go for it.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey please don't **** this team by trading Ariza and letti NH everyone go for the chance to get LMA or Love. You better get 100% commitment from them.

11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Is there ANY possibility the S&T can be done without Ariza, Harden or Howard?

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No we don't have the $$

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Between LMA and Love, I really really want LMA.

Not just because I think he is the better player but also because that would mean Spurs dont get LMA.

We hit two targets with one stone with LMA.

1) Improve out team.

2) Make sure Spurs do not improve theirs.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Someone attainable and interesting that the Rockets can trade for without having to use Papanikolaou's contract is Darren Collison. Could get him with Jones, Dorsey, Prigs and then could save Papanikolaou for a potential S&T.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'll take love over LA is just think he's younger and brings more dynamic to our team rather than Aldridge.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I can EASILY see Dwight pouting because of post touches if we land LMA or Love. He will instantly become 3rd fiddle on offense. How would he feel about that?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The crazy thing about the Portland/CHA trade yesterday that I got thinking about was what if Portland doesn't even want him back on a long term max contract, or what if CLE doesn't think that Kevin Love on his role next to Lebron is worth a max contract for them?

In that case, having that team push for a S&T to get assets back makes perfect sense. Unlike other years where most teams seeing their star hit free agency are incredibly desperate to keep their star....

[​IMG]

.... these teams that actually are ok with their star player moving on are actually going to be the ones pushing for a S&T.

-So Portland with the roster they have, does it make sense to max out LMA?
    -CLE in the role Love has as the third scorer, who can't defend & duplicates Lebron in alot of ways, does it make sense to max him out?

But really this is all going to come down to LMA or Kevin Love and their people publicly saying, "We want to come to Houston", or I'm going elsewhere for nothing, and then letting the GM's figure out a deal. If the player is leaving for nothing, and you really don't want him back on a max deal, it works in Houston's favor.

18. krouchchocolate

I don't know about that b/c he did tell harden that he will focus back on the defensive side + rebounding.

19. saleem

He might pout a bit, but he will get around to it. Dwight wants to win a championship. He will have a big role, mostly on defense, but he will also be important on offense too.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That was in the context of the 2014-15 season. Howard saw Harden playing at an ungodly level and knew (or was told and acquiesced) that it would hurt the team to screw up what was going on at the time.

Is that DH12 going forward? (shrugs) Jdk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.