1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cole Hamels Blocks Trade to Astros?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jtotheb, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah.

2. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

First off Texas didn't know Ron had a cocain problem when they hired him. They could have easily said you know what screw it you're fired gtfo of here but they didn't, they kept him on board and supported him through his problem. As far as Josh goes. They went out of their way to get him a support system in order to keep his life straight unlike the Angels. This shows that they care about their people and aren't quick to judge and toss them out on the street. That to me is merciful and the beauty of being human. They could have done the easy thing and cut their losses and made them someone else's problem.

As far as ARoid they had no idea he was doing roids at the time. Had the Astros had the resources and opportunity the Rangers had they would not have even thought twice about doing the same exact thing. It's not the Rangers fault the Astros are notorious cheap skates. And don't forget Astros fans your hero Bagwell was also a roider and will never make the hall of fame because of this. Granted it was never proven but if it looks like a duck.. Well..

Look first class organization to me is one that cares about their players and fans and wants to put a winning team out there at the same time realizes they're human and not "assets". And about the World Series of course you'd rather get swept. But at least I got to experience my team win a couple of World Series games. As a fan I have a taste of victory. It's like they say it's better to have love and lost than never love at all. In the Astros case they've never even tasted 1 victory on the biggest stage in baseball.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

And in the end.... your team is still tied with the Astros with zero World Series wins, despite you getting "to experience [your] team win a couple of World Series games."

Sure got us there, brah! :rolleyes:

#83 tellitlikeitis, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And, the Astros have a better run differential in the World Series than the Rangers do.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Snort and shoot up whatever you want! Once it becomes a public problem, we'll "get you help" and you can keep on playing/coaching (as long as you are performing)!

It's what first class organizations do! Take note young Rangers fans and aspiring pro ball players! This is where you want to be!

6. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

We got 2 AL Pennants. You have 1 NL Pennant. And don't say "brah". It makes you sound like a douchebag.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Aww, changing the subject?

A Rangers fan telling someone not to say something because it makes them sound like a douchebag is pretty rich considering that they just naturally exude douchiness.

8. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I dont dislike the Rangers, but jeesh.... Here you are trying so hard to prove the Rangers are a first class organization. And you dish the Astros every chance you get. The Rangers might be a first class organization, but you arent acting like a first class level fan.

If Bagwell gets into the Hall of Fame, cool. If he is so tied to roid rumors, then we should let the facts speak for themselves. i hear stories of old baseball players shooting themselves with horse steroid back in the 1940's and the 1960's, were they true? But i have not seen a guy not get into the hall of fame for that reason. Regarding Bagwell, since he has not been implicated, he will likely get in at some point.

9. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

You're the one saying "brah" not me. It's one of those things that annoy me, I'm sure I'm not alone on this. And yea every single Rangers fan exudes douchiness. Great observation just grouping every Rangers fan as a douche. Donald Trump would be proud of your lazy and socially uneducated comment.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

by all the comments on this tread it doesn't look like Houston has many first class fans. Saying things like F Cole Hamels and I hope he has a career ending injury are pretty harsh things to say about another human being. Jeez I'd hate to see how those people would react in a real life situation like if a girl turned them down.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Looks like someone else is starting to group all the Astros fans, unless you honestly believe those 3 out of 46 posters justify your claim. Go to any Rangers site, and you will find similar comments. Funny how that works.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

No, a douchebag would be someone insulting the Astros on an Astros site.

14. DierkerFan

DierkerFan Member

this site doesn't ban dallas trolls?

guess i'll have to figure out how to use the ignore function.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Someone with a SN, rocketballin, also reps Dallas.
    He also called someone else a douchebag.

Great laughs

16. juicystream

juicystream Member

The Rangers didn't have the resources for ARod. They went bankrupt.

Like they treated Nolan Ryan?

Losing a WS is losing a WS.

17. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Rangers fan for life since 2010 never cease to amaze me.

1 person likes this.
  18. The Beard

The Beard Member

Peace out dude, go here

http://www.forums.mlb.com/discussions/Texas_Rangers/ml-rangers?redirCnt=1

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

Oh dallas fans... I think I might have lost a couple of college buddies from dallas after the onslaught I gave them for their playoff exit by us.

As for the "At least we won a game in the World Series" comment. It seems to protrude from every "hardcore" ranger fan since becoming a fan in 2010. What does it prove? Not a damn thing. Its like claiming you are the tallest midget. Congrats. Zero is not greater or less than zero. 0 = 0, brah.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

For some reason it now smells like a leased 325i in here.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.