1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Face it, steph curry in the new jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 17, 2015.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Talk to me when he wins 6 titles

Hell, talk to me when he wins a 2nd

Talk to me when he can defend a title

None of that **** will happen

Yes he is a great 3 pt shooter, and can dish, cut to the hole- but that's it.

He only wins a ship, because every team that they played had multiple key injuries.

One and done.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing listed here that Curry can't do as well as Harden is post up.

And Harden can't break down double team either.

Curry is a better shooter. Neither guy is good at defense.

To me, Curry and Harden are about at the same level (in different ways) in terms of offensive effectiveness. Rockets fans are so salty about the MVP thing.

I know "what" is a laughing stock on this board by making outlandish claims. But I can see a lot of people didn't even read the OP before they jump in and say Jordan >>>>> Curry. It's not even the point of the thread. It does not claim that Curry is as good as Jordan as a basketball player. It just says that he is the next basketball idol young kids want to be like since Jordan.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Let's try this from another angle. If EVERYTHING else were equal, except Steph was darker-skinned, he would not be as popular?

this.

5. Badrose

Badrose Member

Am I really reading a thread in which someone is comparing Curry to Jordan? Seriously?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Again, this is just not accurate.

Curry, runs around a ton of screens, gets the ball and uses his quick release and ungoldly accuracy to score a ton of points by shooting the ball. He is NOT breaking people down off the dribble, he is NOT doing it on the fast break. He is a shooter. Yes, he has some ability to create separation off the dribble, but it is fairly rare. Even if you don't watch the games, it is plain to see, even in the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uV8NtGzpR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74Wvc4moZs

Harden is much more well rounded than Curry.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's like saying Earl Campbell is better than Tony Dorsett because Dorsett uses the blockers while Campbell just runs through tacklers. Knowing how to use blockers is part of what made Dorsett great.

You can't say that Curry just runs around tons of screens. That's how his team plays. That's how his team maximizes his skills. If his team just let him ISO like the Rockets does Harden, he would still be a great scorer but the team would not have won as much.

Knowing how to use screens is a basketball skill. Curry can take any defender one on one just like Harden can. He is not as strong as Harden so he can't get to the hoop as good as Harden. But he makes up by being quick and accurate. Can Harden do as well as Curry in catch-and-shoot? Does Harden like running non-stop to get open? I can turn the table around and say that Harden isn't as good as Curry.

The fact is, they excel in different things but I don't think you can say that Harden is better.

1 person likes this.
  8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This GSW envy is making the fanbase look so pathetic. Jesus, your team got spanked 8 out of 9 times by the team that dominated the league and won the title. Just take your hat off to them and move on. Seems pretty obvious.

1 person likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It might be envy but I think it is something else when the Rox would be a lottery team or borderline playoff team....

When Howard chose Houston, we knew GSW would be a rival in the future....

They are not as hated as the Mavs or the Jazz but they are.... hated nonetheless

Does not help that Houston is only 2 injuries and a competitive player like Iggy away from being at the same level as the Warriors.

Rox are not far away this is my most honest opinion....

10. mingthething

mingthething Member

In B4 the salty ones say ' moving screens'

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You keep missing the point. It's not about his actual skin color - it's that he is a perceived as less streets and more safe/suburban which broadens his appeal. The reason why he is perceived that way is because of a number of things including his skin color, lack of tattoos, his perfect looking family, his religion, etc. as another poster said, he is the perfect storm.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Answer the question, bruh. Also, my main point of contention is with:

Why so much jelly towards his skin color?

1 person likes this.
  13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He's on dat beautiful caramel body wash program

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love it when 99ers school everyone with the power of truth.

15. corry

corry Member

At least for sure Harden will never be a golden boy of the NBA. As much as I hate to say it, cause he's a great basketball player, lets just say...to put it nicely he's not a very media friendly dude who's not very well spoken and the off court womanizing reports doesn't help his case.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Curry is to De la Hoya as Harden is to Andre Ward.

Now if Harden can become #1 p4p....

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So if MJ were light skinned like Curry, he would be more popular? It isn't possible for MJ to be anymore popular, so no.

Curry is not the next big star. It's Anthony Davis. We don't like normal looking athletes, we like supermen.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is pretty silly which is what I expect from WHAT's thread, Curry can never be the new Jordan because MJ was considered to the league DOMINANT force when he was playing and is currently the GOAT. Curry is a lot of things but he will never be in GOAT or even the actual league best player discussion, the reality is the closest to MJ currently in the league would be LBJ, Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis, these 3 people are the ones everyone would consider to be the actual best player in the league hence they are the only ones who can be considered the "new MJ".

Curry is actually closer to the new Kobe, meaning he's the new mainstream "cool kid".

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

This was funny OP: good joke

20. Omron

Omron Member

Playoff run

[​IMG]