1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. dmoneybangbang

Anyone notice what Dany dropped right before the horde came at here? Something that would let them know she was from a free city? Surely they know who she is when she claims to be the former Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and maybe the Mother of Dragons. Seems we are gonna get a Dany + dothraki horde + a more powerful/controllable Drogon.

2. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

As far as the dead or not-dead characters, my guess is that:

-Stannis is dead and not coming back.
    -The Hound is still alive.
    -Jon is dead, but will be resurrected by red priestess voodoo.

This last is somewhat substantiated (but certainly in no way confirmed) by this story about contract negotiations that locked up the actors mentioned through season 7. Either they renegotiated and raised Kit Harington's salary unnecessarily to preserve a death spoiler, or they actually plan to have him back. I'm guessing it's the latter. Looking at the list, all of those other characters seem fairly likely to survive.

But we'll see.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think Sam knows the power of it and he keeps it or hides it. Werent the Tarleys mentioned earlier in this season about joining the fight?

It was her ring and I think she drops it as a 'breadcrumb' for them to track/find her. Also the last time; the Dothraki split because of her and I believe they are now vigilant towards her and will hold her captive.

Whats up with the penetration of the Dragon's scales? I was let down by how vulnerable a Dragon was to a simple spear. But I guess, stories of lore, always had a knight slay a dragon, so theres that.

4. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Sam is already in Oldtown by now if he's traveling like Littlefinger.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The show makes it pretty clear that being a "bad guy" is not a wise thing to be either, as Meryn Trant, Joffrey, and Viserys can attest to.

Rickon got the Walt treatment.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, you really should check out the perks of Westeros Air. Rack up the miles and they throw in more.

Of course, it isn't quite like Essos Carnaval Cruise Line. Very small boats, one sail, one person to steer....but he never sleeps, his hand never gets tired (rumor has it he was Masterbaiting Champ of Volantis and would shout "Khaleesi, Khaleesi!" over and over, but please do not ask me to verify, this is a rumor).

While not impervious to stone men, that little boat gets around.

1 person likes this.
  7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'm straight up Team White Walker now. I'm only invested in GoT because I still want freaking Ned Stark avenged. But they're killing everybody that would have the most satisfying follow through for that. There is literally no one else I'm interested in now. I don't give a crap about khaleesi. Sansa is too dumb and has been all series. Arya is the closest thing to being interesting, and her ass went blind! Damn, Ned. Where did we go wrong?

Don't get me started on Bran. That mothereffer has cop out written all over it. That entire storyline can straight up be the Adventure Time movie. Bran is like Jake. He can turn into anything. He's a morphing human back pack, just like Jake. He can become an eagle, wolf, or other human ... Just like Jake.

Jon Snow better know something soon and come back. He better be back early next season. Like episode freaking 1. I can write it too. The Night's b****es try to cover up and say a Wildling killed their leader. That'll set up the battle. They won't begin battle until AFTER they give Jon Snow a Night's Watch ceremony with fire and all that. As they light up Jon Snow, Melissandra squints at the fire and Jon Snow slowly resurrects without anyone knowing that instant. As the fire burns, the new Night b****es leader (the one that stabbed first) makes the accusation against the wildlings for the murder of his leader who tried to be kind to them. And they repay Jon with betrayal blah blah blah. Then Jon Snow fully resurrects, sits up, and pulls first stabber into the fire with him. Jon Snow is now immune to fire. He is the rock to khaleesi' scissors with her dragons. He is now the perfect counter to White Walkers and their army. My friends, Jon Snow is the song of fire and ice.

The last of the most interesting unknown backstories will be told. Soon, Jon Snow and the fans will know everything!

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Question - Has Jon gotten into a fight with a White Walker any other time before the past episode? What if its not Valyrian steel that the WW can't cope with, but Jon himself cause of the supposed dragon blood flowing through him.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think if you are looking for a theme like that you are seeing something that isn't there.

Rather than "being a good guy is a bad thing" I think the more likely theme is simply "all men must die." Good guys like Robb, Ned, Jon have all gotten got, while "bad" guys like Tywin, Joffrey, Robert Baratheon (bad King), Stannis (really bad in show) have also gotten got.

Everyone gets got.

The more heavy handed message from the writers is that religion is bad.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because.... nevermind, just rewind from that point in the episode about 45 seconds.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That was some wonky CGI. Watch the shots closely where her head and body were both in the shot. Her features look like they are smeared on her face. The body double they got doesn't even have the same build as her. Look at her from behind.

12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Perhaps Davos will get a hold of the sword. It's time for him to take his grief of losing Shireen out on somebody.

I agree that it's a breadcrumb. She has a 2 "rangers" looking for her.

I believe the Dragon skin is still vulnerable because of how young the dragons are. Expect them to get much much bigger with tougher skin.

13. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

It's not definitive. Jon is related to Bran, who is a Warg who lives through his direwolf. At the last minute before he died Jon realized he's got that warg blood all up in him and transferred his being into Ghost. Jon, in the form of Ghost then realizes that he can teach himself to walk upright and talk again as a dog. Melisandre then comes and casts a spell on Jon-Ghost letting him turn back into a man but it goes wrong and that is how werewolves are born. It's all pretty obvious.

Kate Beckensale will join the cast next year to hunt Jon Snow in a crossover of two beloved franchises.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Same here. Been waiting for the Revenge of the Starks for a while now. I don't care if Jon has to be a white walker for this to happen. I now want to see Olly's head on a spike even more than Ramsay. Effing snot nosed two faced dumbass twit

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the Jon Snow character. I don't know if he's dead or not. But I do have some preferences. I hope that he's alive. If he's not, I'd rather he stay dead than be resurrected from the Red priestess.

A different Jon isn't Jon anymore.

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Robb Stark also took the head of the Karstark guy.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In the fight with the White Walker, he used other swords to no avail. Only the Valyrian sword worked. Plus, he said so.

18. heypartner

Many of us believe it's still too young--only 1-2 yrs old. They live for decades (from previous episodes). So we can assume they get much bigger.

19. heypartner

I'm Team Bad p***y

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

My first thought was that p***y has to be the first ever slang word in history.