1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Make Your Picks

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by finsraider, Jun 12, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Slow day, and thought this could be a fun thread to find out where everyone is.

Assume the Rockets keep the #18 and #32 picks. Who would you take?

#18 - Kevon Looney. Excellent length, decent athleticism, and a jumper you can work with. Could eventually grow into a really good role player at the 4.

#32 - Justin Anderson. Can guard 2s through 4s, and made significant strides shooting the ball this year. If he develops, Ariza may become expendable.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I really think the focus of this draft should be less about finding our "answer" at PG and more about shoring ourselves up at SF and PF. Obviously you take BPA, but if you can get solid forwards that can contribute sooner rather than later, that frees you up to move Ariza and TJones,, as well as gives you some solution if Josh Smith gets a big contract offer from another team.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I posted my targets in the other thread, but I think a draft of Portis [PF] and Rozier [PG/SG] at #18 and #32 would be a great success.

Both guys are ready to contribute early on. Portis has size, range and face-up ability, and would make Jones more expendable. Rozier can defend and create shots, and with some development, might turn into a solid shooter as well.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've been really intrigued by Justin Anderson, but I don't know if he survives to #32. I also have to wonder if those shooting numbers are for real and will translate ... made a huge, huge jump in percentages from three in his final year (from under 30% in his first two seasons to 45% on a little over 100 attempts).

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Indeed. I'd agree that he's not the elite shooter that his Jr. Year 3P% would indicate. 91% of his threes were assisted, and his shot-selection was generally very calculated. I'm not sure if I can find the numbers, but I'm willing to bet a large % of his threes were from the corner, as well. And while it doesn't necessarily speak to his 3-point shooting ability, he did only shoot 25% on mid-range jumpers this year.

But with all that said, I agree that he's an intriguing prospect for us. Definitely a guy that I can see carving out a role on our team, and he probably won't need 2 years in the D-League to do so, either.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I'd like to draft these guys, we can get extra second rounder or two in trades.

Delon Wright, PG. Great size, potential to be elite defender, ready to contribute right away.

J.P. Tokoto, SG/SF. Athletic, potential to be elite defender and role player, improved shooting, slasher!

Simone Fontecchio SF. Young, able to create his own shot, great size for a wing, good at everything (yet, not elite at anything). Probably stash.

Steal Trevor Lacey PG/SG as undrafted, or draft him if we get late second rounder! You don't see such a good scorers at 6'3'' built like tank at 210 pounds often.

7. alethios

alethios Member

I would like us to pick Sam Dekker if he's still available at #18. He's smooth and crafty, plays like a SF but he's 6' 9", can score in multiple ways and has a great BBIQ. Not saying he will be there when we pick, but he would be ready to help the Rockets right away, similar to Chandler Parsons, but more skilled.

At #32, I think Terry Rozier would be a good pick. Good scorer, good handles and has a defensive mindset

8. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

#18 tyus jones
    #32 justin anderson

9. basketballholic

18-Tyus Jones

32-Richaun Holmes

#9 basketballholic, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Even though there is all the talk about Tyus Jones and the Rockets huge need at the PG spot....I also would not be surprised if the Rockets look in the front court at #18.

I really would love for the Rockets to be able to get a rugged rebounder. Aside from Howard, that lack of rebounding has really hurt the Rockets.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

#18 Rashad Vaughn/Kevon Looney/Delon Wright
    #32 Richaun Holmes
    undrafted free agent Corey Hawkins.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Surprised that I haven't heard more about him. Good athlete who already has an NBA body and knows his role. I'm not sure what to make of his 3 point shooting.....only that you can at least argue that he improved, which I believe is something the Rockets staff looks at pretty closely.

Agree that he probably won't survive to #32, and I actually don't think he's a huge stretch at #18.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sam Decker. Shot 63% from 2fg last year. Yes please.

14. Misigns

Misigns Member

18- Sam Dekker

32- Christian Wood

15. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

very credible. would love holmes.

16. malakas

malakas Member

There is No way Anderson falls to the second. Absolutely no way.
    I would take Portis or Grant in the first and stash Hernangomez in the second. If Oubre or Decker falls I take them instead.

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

#18 sam dekker
    #32 norman powell

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#18 Tyus Jones
    #32 Joseph Young (low risk, exceptionally high reward)

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Interesting. Rozier rising up in the ranks.