1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

They knew they would just be hungry again in a few hours so they left him? :grin:

2 people like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think Glen got bit.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

But his level 99 plot armor saved him!

1 person likes this.
  5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I would have left Nicholas in the woods for trying to kill me if I was Glen. Why, Glen?

6. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I feel you. But I will also point out, as others have, that what happens and who dies in the comic does not necessarily mean it will happen in the show. MULTIPLE characters still alive in the comic are dead in the show, and MULTIPLE characters dead in the comic are still alive in the show.

And not ancillary characters. I'm talking MAIN characters.

So don't worry. Good chance what you referred to in your spoiler doesn't happen at all.

7. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Bad form. Huge comic spoiler. This thread is about the show, not the comic. Lame.

8. SPBR

SPBR Member

Lame.

Glen is still the stereotypical model minority. No killer instinct.

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Interested in seeing how Morgan's new "All life is precious." mentality reacts to Rick gunning Pete down right in front of him. I swear, if they have a dispute that causes Morgan to go on his way, I'm gonna lose it.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No he just got shot.

There's no way they would kill Glenn off, Bob-style (except that Glenn's legs are intact).

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Just finished season 5 finale. Binged watched over last month plus all five seasons. Obviousky an amazing show.

The nitpicks are annoying though. Glenn's actions at the end of season 5 - everybody on the planet kills that guy. The randomness about living in a civilization while turning a blind eye towards serious abuse. Little things that make no sense, happens every season ...

The bigger complaint is how the writers every season hit a lull. And it will just drag for 3 or 4 episodes. 3 or 4 extra farm episodes season 2. Way too many Governor episodes. Episode after episode of walking through the woods to Terminus.

I get that some of that is needed... But it gets to be too much and too slow.

Soooo much time focused on Gabriel season 5 ... Which clearly wasn't/isn't working. Again understand they want to introduce new characters... And they did... Gabriel sucks though.

Still great great show.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah gabriel is fine on the wire. but this show he is one of the very few characters i dont like.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just watched Still Alice and Father Gabriel is in it. Teacher.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So I just binge watched all the way up to the end of season four. Should I just wait for season five to be released on Netflix, or will it be worth the $40 to purchase the season on iTunes?

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I would wait. $40 is way too steep.

18. Raven

Raven Member

There is nothing about the walking dead that screams immediacy. It's your cash, but I wouldn't buy them.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Id just wait. October is when the new season starts up, and they usually add it a few weeks before so you can binge before the season opens up.

The Walking Dead is best when you break from it for awhile anyways. If you need ideas of things to binge this Summer let us know.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Gotcha, so I'll hold off. But I do need shows to binge on, especially since my laptop died and most of my time wasting hobbies are fully dependent on it.

As far as shows that I've binged or am into: The Wire, GOT, Silicon Valley, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, True Detectives, Newsroom, The Leftovers, basically anything HBO.... Homeland, Power, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Walking Dead, House of Cards, among a few others.

So what else is there out there for me?