1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley hopes to return to Rockets, but Chandler Parsons is calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2015.

1. craguin

craguin Member

The only thing I understood was "JW and Ne' love (Smoove)". a.k.a. John Wall and Nene / Josh Smith.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Some of it seems straight forward. :)

Beverley is insurance in case they don't get their first option. ... Beverley is not thrilled with a [potential] back-up role.

Brand - I felt like we heard this from his transition from Orlando to LA. Brand! Spotlight! Big city! Endorsements!

Bigger role - Ha, Dwight just cannot accept that he is not that kind of player.

Dan Fegan has minimal loyalty to Houston; he has "loyalty" to look out for his client [Dwight Howard]. Dan will not hesitate to "pull" his client out of Houston. I don't remember who but wasn't it said Dan didn't want him signing here?

Phoenix Suns

Brotherhood with Dwight [and others?], wouldn't mind staying, but if money and/or role ain't right, I got brothers in other area codes, I'll go play with them!

With a healthy [see: healing] team, where do I fit, what is my role?

John Wall & Nene???

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Well if you look at Dan Fegan clients, he tries his hardest to make them Mavericks or Wizards

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Trade Howard for Gortat, Beal, Porter and a first.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

2 current Mavs clients, 4 Wizards.

Nene(WAS)
    John Wall(WAS)
    Drew Gooden(WAS)
    Martell Webster(WAS)
    J.J. Barea(DAL)
    Chandler Parsons(DAL)

Plenty of former Mavs & Wizards: Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier, Yi Jianlian, Eduardo Najera, Shawn Marion, Austin Croshere, Sasha Pavlovic | Gilbert Arenas, Jarvis Hayes, Yi Jianlian, Juan Dixon, Al Harrington

A few clients in Minnesota(Rubio/Martin), a few in Sacramento(Casspi/Cousins), a few in Memphis(Lee/Calathes) and a few in Cleveland(Marion/Varejao). Oh, and free-agent-to-be and Mavs target DeAndre Jordan.

6. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Another story from Clutchfans' preeminent fiction writer.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Who is traw? Didnt think about smoove to the wiz. That would make a lot of sense.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

There is zero love for fegan from the rockets org.

Who is thunda? The team?

9. markelliott1997

I wouldn't be thrilled to see PBev go, but I'm not going to be heartbroken either. He is a good player, but if we can upgrade on the offensive side, he needs to either accept his role or move on.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Truth is there are only ha small handful of teams that would start Bev. And of the teams that would start him, a lot of them would eliminate him as their first choice. Fortunately for him the last two years the rockets were one of them.

I love Bev and can't blame him for wanting to maximize role and money. But hopefully if it doesn't shake out for him elsewhere hopefully he's willing to accept whatever role.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing about Beverley is which version of him we will see next year. The 2013-14 version is worth paying a lot of money to retain. The 2014-15 version is not.

Any reasonable offer to Beverley will have to account both for his upside and his quite significant injury risks. He can be a real impact 3-and-D player when healthy, but what are the chances that he gets back to peak level again with all the injuries that he has already had, and stays there after a long 82 game season when you really need him in the playoffs.

12. craguin

craguin Member

Dan Majerle, as in "Thunder" Dan Majerle.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, the most publicly troublesome memebers of the Suns are the Morris Twins: assault charges and public confrontation with the coach by Marcus. If the issue is Hornacek can't control the team, does it mean that the Twins are available?

What would you trade for these two?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it turns out that fegan's boss is actually an old college buddy of mine. i intend to give him hell next time we speak..

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thunder Dan? Thundan?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Markieff is a stud. Would trade a good amount for him. Marcus would just be a nice bonus if they were a package deal.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Look we dont need codman for this. Its known that the suns would do anything to take back some value for their criminals. Esp marcus. Markieff will likely escape prison. The moris arent the only problem there. Green was also acting up and its likely they wont resign him.
    in fact suns fans think that bledsoe might be quietly being shopped around. The gm didnt include him in his off season interview about high character lockeroom leaders the team is going to target from now on.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

Stop.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Markieff is a nice player, and would be fine as guy off the bench, but I wouldn't exactly call him a stud. His defense sucks and his range isn't exactly world beating. I'd actually prefer Marcus due to his above average 3 PT shot.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing.

Rockets already had Mook "Carmelo Anthony" Morris. All they could get is Isaiah Canaan who got them Kevin McDaniels Jr. who they are going to lose for nothing.