1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Sense8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Jun 5, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What do you guys think so far? I thought the first episode was really boring. After looking at the trailer, I was pretty excited. Now, I don't know if I want to continue. I will try to stick with it, but I was expecting something different..

Why do they keep giving the Wachowski's money for original ideas when they keep screwing it up? I bet the higher ups point to Wachowski films and how poor they perform and say the people don't want original genre content. MOAR REBOOTS! This joint is 0 calorie Cloud Atlas.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I remember seeing that trailer. I'm curious how it is after the first episode. I typically take a while to get into things no matter if it is a book or something else.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

just looked it up
    will check it this weekend

Rocket River

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Never heard of it. Will check it out.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Watched 25 minutes of the first episode and turned it off. Thought it was really boring

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Saw an email about it from Netflix. Consensus = boring show?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was just about to watch episode 1 and saw this thread.

Oh well.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The show starts to turn the 2nd half of episode 2. People are so quick to dismiss things after 1 episode.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTW... J. Michael Straczynski is the writer for this show. If you ever watched Babylon 5 (top 5 SciFi shows of all time), you know not to judge a show by it's first few episodes. Babylon 5 turned on the switch toward greatness the 2nd half of season 1.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The young lady blowing her brains out 2 minutes into episode one kind of turned me off. Maybe I'll give it another shot in the future.

11. body slam

body slam Member

A lot of show start out slow and then pick up the pace. I'll try to give all show 3 episodes to pull me in.

12. SPBR

SPBR Member

Took 8 episodes before some of them did things with synergy like you'd expect from watching the trailer. Before that, they "visited" each other randomly and interfered more than they helped. It's like watching telepathic Jar Jar Binkses.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm willing to give it a chance, particularly due to other shows I really enjoy that started out slow like Black Sails.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I think you should watch thru episode 4 before u start to pass judgment on this show. The fight scene in episode 3 is classic.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

4 hours is kind of a long time for a show to get good. Even the slowest shows try to grab you in the first 1 to 2 hours. We didn't even get a sense of what was going on in a bloated hour plus premier (no commercials).

I'm still going to stick with it, but I can barely get through the second episode. If Sense8 was on TV, it would have been canceled because no one would have tuned in to the second episode. "it's meant to be binged" is not an excuse.

Tomorrow is another day though.. I'm watching Scandal season 1.. don't judge me.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched all the way through to episode 3 because you said the fight scene at the end was a classic... Bruh, It wasn't worth the 3 hours watching these cats talk about nothing. I've seen better fights on Arrow. I'm still sticking with it though.

Back to Scandal season1.. Cannot believe they killed Amanda. Bananas...

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Actually, again, it starts to turn 2nd half of episode 2. By the end of episode 4, you get a basic understanding on what is going on.

The point is it is NOT on network TV, so they don't have to follow the same rules.

I'm glad you need to know everything by the end of Episode 1. No one is begging u to watch. I'm sure you can find a nice reality tv show watch.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Some people are clueless. Find something else to watch. America's Got Talent comes on....i think.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You don't need to know everything in episode 1, but 3 hours in you don't get the the point of anything.

You shouldn't get hurt just because my opinion isn't the same as yours. No need to be rude. We are all fans of genre TV and this is a discussion. I watched up until episode 3 because you recommended that we give it more episodes. I watched. I gave my opinion. I'm not hating on you for liking the show. Maybe you're into this show because you're really sensitive? That's cool, but we can all agree that the episode 3 fight scene was definitely not a classic.

I don't like AGT by the way, but I've watched every episode of Real World, Road Rules and Real World/Road Rules Challenge. I would say don't Judge me, but I know you're judging me.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you were never a fan of "Lost"....lol. Admitting that you watch that MTV crap is all we needed to know......