1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How real are the Rangers???

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cangrejero51, Jun 7, 2015.

1. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Lets see:
    A rotation of

1. Gallardo
    2. Lewis
    3. Martinez
    4. Rodriguez
    5. Gonzalez

That rotation is interesting, as Gallardo and Lewis are proven starters. Martinez, as McCullers, are very good prospects, our guy with better stuff and a little bit better. Rodriguez is a very consistent pitcher when healthy, and right now is pitching very good. Gonzalez, well, i dont think he is that good, before the season started he was not even a top 10 prospect for the Rangers.

That is a rotation where i think Wandy could move to number 3 and do a nice job, with Martinez as a number 4, not bad at all. The number 5 i still give him question marks. If Holland comes back, and comes back healthy and good, then this rotation could be tough.

Lineup:

c Corporan/Chrino
    1b Moreland
    2b Rosales
    3b Gallo
    SS Andrus
    LF Deshields
    cf Martin
    rf Choo
    DH Fielder

Injured, Hamilton and Beltre

I would tried Deshields at 2b, a position he was drafted on, moved to cf because we had Altuve, that way when Hamilton is healthy, he would go to lf.

That would be a strong lineup and the question is, where do i put Gallo once Beltre is healthy? Moreland is hitting so there is not a spot open.

They need a catcher, but with the other guys in that lineup, you can carry a weak hitting catcher, especially if that catcher is very good defensively.

Now, here is where i think they have some problems, the bullpen. Very young and not bad, but not good either.

So, here it goes:

The rotation looks good, but we could expect a little downfall here.
    The lineup is impressive if Hamilton is back hitting, that would give them Fielder, Beltre and Hamilton in the middle of the lineup. Will Deshields continue to hit this way? We could expect Choo to improve. Moreland is consitent, and if he struggle they will call GAllo up. The weak hitting comes from the middle of the D, c,2b,ss and cf.
    So, they have some great hitters, but others that can be pitched to, so impressive top 5 or 6, but goes down in the last 3 spot.
    So i would have to say the have a good lineup.
    Relievers, is Tollenson hold up? This could be the difference on that team right now, Feliz was struggling big time, and now injured, again, but this guy has done a terrific job. Others like Kela have the talent. But, i would say the bullpen is the weak spot.

Answering the question: Yes, i believe the Rangers are for real.

Which means, Astros, we need to do something with our rotation, we cant continue to have a 4th or 5th starter that are not giving you quality games or a real chance to win when our bats don't deliver.
    Also, we need Correa in the majors, NOW. Once Lowrie is back, he goes to 3b, Valbuena is not a starter and we are looking at that fact each day, he is a very good utility. We can't continue to give games pitching Qualls in tied or 1 run leads, we have better options with a great bullpen. And, if Tucker continues to struggle, Colby/Mariniseck continues to struggle, then is time for Singleton, and use Gattis in LF, Singleton at 1b and Carter DH.

We are in a 3 game losing streak, and the Rangers are for real, go Astrossssss

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We have a 3.5 game lead. No time to panic, but yes our bottom end of pitching is pretty bad. A little slump from our bats. We can get the lead back up.

The Rangers are for real. Now imagine if they had Yu Darvish? They may be onto something and I'm a little worried.

3. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

This should be in the "other sports" forum, not the Astros forum

It's fine to talk Texas Rangers baseball on clutchfans, just not here

Take this trash organization to the proper forum

Thanks

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I think it should be here because IT directly affect the Astros. Is competition WITH THE ASTROS, and we can compare teams and TALK about their chances, our chances.

If it was the Nationals, i could understand your position, but we are talking about the team that is 3.5 games behind us. Now, if you don't care, well, just dont reply or read.

5. Buck Turgidson

Very real. They're getting some guys back in the next month or so that could really help them, especially Harrison.

It will be awesome to have meaningful games between these 2 teams. Embrace the hate, Houston.

6. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Confirmed that they are real. Saw them play a couple months ago. They seem to have uniforms, players, and even some fans. anyone that thinks they are imaginary is just foolish.

1 person likes this.
  7. mick fry

mick fry Member

They fo real!

8. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Agree, Harrison already pitched one game in Round Rock, 5 innings. He is another one that could help.

Is not going to be easy, but we can do it. What we really need to do is put the best players no matter their age or contract situation. We can do it, but we need to make a few changes, because the Rangers are for real. Also i expect the Mariners, with that pitching staff to get into the race sooner or later. Angels, i think they have a lot of holes, but the same goes with them, they are good enough to compete, and with our rotation, all of the teams are going to be around to win the division.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Derek Holland will be back soon enough too. Solid team that will make improvements from the DL as we get guys from the minors

How this changes anything Astros, I don't know. Keep going out and trying to win.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

These GARM-like threads from GARM-like posters are fun....

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

It's no better than you trying to turn everything into a debate.

I'm just calling it like I see it.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Uhh, welcome to the BBS... :grin:

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Also, OP remains the worst.

14. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

But who's their #1 and #2 Monday-Wednesday and who's their #4 on Saturdays?

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure, but the OP is posting like a #5 who's going to be sent down... and converted into an outfielder...

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Fixed.

17. boozle222

The anti Jason Lane.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Rick Ankiel... or Brian Bogusevic.... without any talent.

19. conquistador#11

as real as winning a couple of games in a row, while we had to throw the back end of the rotation due to a 4 game series. and not as real, when we get lowerie and the half god.

20. boozle222

Wait... there's a talentless Bogusevic? My God... what the hell did we see in Houston then??

;)