1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Nice scapegoating.

Actually Lin was your 2nd best player last year in playoffs behind Howard. He made two critical mistakes, but single-handedly won game 5 but no one talks about that. Harden made a critical TO in game 3 but no one talks about that. As always, Lin's mistakes are amplified with you LOHs.

Keep blaming the player put in a backup role for not carrying the Rockets while ignoring the 'superstar' who failed to show up the entire series last year.

Tell me, Lin was the main reason why you guys lost this year vs. GSW right? hahaha

2. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Only losers like you care about the color of a dot on an internet forum. Oh wait, you're out in vacation in malaysia, sipping on your drink right? hahaha

Lin "lost" his spot b/c Lakers wanted to tank and needed Lin to get out of the way for them to tank properly. Get your facts straight.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

He singlehandedly won Game 5 and he singlehandedly gave away two straight games in Portland.

That's still a net rating of 1 game given away.

4. King1

King1 Member

Only losers worship a scrub on an internet message board. Lin lost his job because he sucks. I wouldn't take him back for free. Give me a solid starter with Bev as a backup. You guys can keep the "I wanted to give up" loser.

I will say this; Lin definitely epitomizes his fan base.

5. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

How does a backup singlehandedly lose 2 games for you? A backup is not expected to carry games, while a superstar is. It's like giving a player 2 minutes per game and then getting mad at him for not being able to get 15 points within those 2 minutes. Stars carry the slacks of its surrounding role players. But let's not talk about how Harden completely disappeared offensively & defensively last year. That's ABSOLUTELY not the reason why you guys lost.

6. Zboy

Zboy Member

LOL @ blueshampoo.

Its not scapegating when you get dumped by your team and you have to give up a draft pick to get rid of the scrub.

Normally, you get something in return when you trade a player of value. With Jeremy Lin Rockets had to give up assets just to dump his ass.

Again, FACT!

As for him being the second best payer in the series, LOLOLOLOLOL......

Again, if he was the second best player, he would not get his ass dumped and Lakers, one of the worst teams in the league, would not be looking at alternatives.

Clearly, his market value has spoken...or rather spit on him. The world watched how much of a liability Jeremy Lin is to a team.

Worth repeating, with Jeremy Lin not giving away games, the Rockets were one of the 4 teams standing in the playoffs. This result came just one season after Lin was dumped. At the time, Lin fans were here on clutchfans laughing at Rockets that they would not even make the playoffs while Lin will lead the Lakers to playoffs.

Who is laughing now?

You Lin worshipers have been b**** slapped by the basketball gods all season long.

Delusional bluelampoon.

Keep piling up the red glaring dot. :)

I see you are finally using "you". You were busted earlier for using "we". Was a nice try. Cant fool us though. ;)

#9126 Zboy, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Lin was our 2nd best player behind Dwight in the playoffs last year? :grin:

Yeah, with his 11 points/4 assists per game and turnovers at critical moments. His turnover % (16%) was second only to Omer Asik. Your claim that he played better than Harden who averaged 27 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds is laughable. Despite Harden's poor shooing last year, his TS% (.519) was still higher than Lin's (.500).

A more accurate ranking:
    Howard>Harden>Parsons>Jones>Beverley>Daniels>Lin

1 person likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Member

Looks like folks here need a refresher....

Behold the mental midget....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86xr7kUxRtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Round 1: Won vs. a Parson-less aging Mavs team with Rondo-gate messing up their team. What an achievement!

Round 2: Won vs. a choking Clips team that was missing their star PG for half the series. What an achievement!

Round 3: Got swept 4-1 (4-1 in Conference Finals????) even with Joey Crawford rooting for Rockets.

I'm sure Lin being in the team would've changed ALOT. ;)

You can thank the basketball gods for one of easiest playoff route the history has ever seen. Next year, I predict First Round exit.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Per game turnover numbers are so deceiving. Minutes, possessions and what you are asked to do on the court all have to be considered.

Lins turnover % is high. Much higher than Harden. Hardens worst season his turnover % was 15.0 and Lins best season his turnover % was 17.7

So when people say Lin is a turnover machine they are right and when you come back talking about Hardens turnovers you aren't really helping your case because Lin is without a doubt worse at turning the ball over.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Same reason why Kobe yelled at Lin for not intentionally fouling his guy.

He is absolutely clueless about gametime situations.

You do not want that guy on your team in the playoffs.

12. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Remember, Lin was a backup so he had limited role / minutes / usage. 11/4 is respectable for a person thrust into a role position. Sure, Harden got hits points like he usually did, but if you actually watched the games last year, his numbers were deceptive to how poorly he actually played. If you don't believe me, dig up half of the LOHs' posts on this thread from last year, and you'll find that even they criticized Harden despite his "27 points"

13. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Actually it was revealed that Bryon Scott instructed not to foul. Was it for tanking purposes or was it B. Scott's strategy? Who knows, but at least get your facts straight.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin is a backup for a reason.

Nobody thrusts a 15 million dollar player on the second unit.

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

My facts are right. He's clueless.

And you are not a rockets fan yet you are on a board made for die hard rockets fans.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

You predicted one this year. I know the WCF run had to be very difficult for you. LOLOL.

1 person likes this.
  17. Danang78

Danang78 Member

You're like the squirrel in the movie Ice Age. Ya can't see the big picture. These NBA guys have a playaz fraternity, if you will. They stick together, Chandler is trying to do the Wolverine a solid by mentioning his name, so as to raise his stock value, get the ballz rolling, the front office thinking, etc...Chandler and Lin are besties, so they already know wazzup! Remember when you clowns were clowning Lin on why Nash doesn't work out with him? Oh wells on that one. In fact, they were in contact the whole time.

There are nuance you will never get, thank goodness you have CF, where feel like your someone special!

18. Zboy

Zboy Member

No person with even a little bit of basketball knowledge can argue with any of these points.

If Lin is playing in the playoffs you want him playing for the other team which will greatly increase your odds of winning the series.

Jeremy Lin could not be in the playoffs because he was burnt out backing up Ronnie Price and ...damn...forget the other guys name....*laugh*

19. Zboy

Zboy Member

Oh, him and danang were dying inside. :)

Oh noes.....No Lin and Rockets are in WCF!!!!!!! Oh noes!!!!!

Danang even came in between the Clippers series to gloat when the Rockets were down and then had to make a quick exit.

*laugh*

20. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

I had no idea Rockets were going to be given the easiest playoffs route in history. I was wrong on my prediction, so what? It's not like I bet money or anything. So whether Rockets go to WCF or not is not my business, it wasn't difficult at all.