1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Oh DUH. I meant to include that about Tyus. That would be a pretty big leveraging point for us to not have to pay quite as much.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Interesting! Thanks, Cyber :grin:

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ok. I don't know much of the back story. But why does KM hate the rox? Is it because we traded him for an MVP candidate? Hell he should consider that a compliment that he netted that kind of loot.

4. Nook

Nook Member

You really think so?

I think that a fair number of teams would have interest. We all know he cannot shoot or finish under the basket, but he does defend multiple positions very well, is very good at creating for others and has a contract that won't be outlandish going forward.

I don't want him on the Rockets because it is a terrible fit, but he would fit on a team with good shooters very well.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm kinda on the same page. It's a fall back plan, similar to Terry last year, but I like looking at something like that because it gives me optimism going into free agency. If worst case is Stephenson and 2 2nds for Papa/Prig/Dorsey, we are going to be ok.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He was included in a trade package for Pau Gasol that fell through. After the trade was nixed, Martin allegedly was reassured he would not be traded. Then he got traded again. He was very public about his unhappiness.

The Rockets probably hate him for his whining and for bad mouthing the organization.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

ohh. Was the the failed trade the NBA screwed us on?

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Lance is a definite Morey type move. He can be had for cheap and going into a contract year, he'll know he has to shape up his act to get paid. He can playmake and defend at a pretty high level when motivated.

Totally agreed, though, that it would have to follow striking out on other upgrades, but I would actually be pretty happy with this move considering how cheap it would probably be to get him.

9. justtxyank

Yes, that was the one.

10. justtxyank

Cheap in terms of assets, but expensive in terms of opportunity cost. If you fire your bullets to get Stephenson you probably can't make any other upgrades to the roster (outside of Llull.)

11. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. Which team will trade for him?
    Lakers : not assets to trade for Rubio they would be willing to part with exceot #27 + second. Need capspace to try add free agents.
    knicks : worst fit ever for triangle
    kings : problem with no shooters + if they part with their #6 it will be for lawson who is the coach favourite.
    Dallas : no assets
    Who else needs pg? Except the Rockets.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Its only one year for lance. Charlotte wont part with significant assets to dump him now they are not a major market and noone will hurry to sign there so there capspace is of no good use. Esp now that Al has opted in. Btw i except them to be a candidate to extend an offersheet for kj for mle money.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not any upgrades at the beginning of the season, but think about December and February. A $9 million Stephenson on an expiring contract plus a plethora of young players on cheap contracts.

For example, let's say Love signs a 1+1 this summer, but starts to indicate in the middle of the season that he wants to move on in 2016 free agency. We are sitting there with Stephenson, DMo, and maybe one other player that's attractive to Cleveland. Cleveland now has max cap space in 2016 and DMo as a restricted free agent.

Llull / Beverley
    Harden / ?
    Ariza / Brewer
    Love / Smith / TJones
    Howard / Capela

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I want a cyberx thread in the dish that relates to all teams :)

15. Nook

Nook Member

There was a lot going on.

The Rockets were close to dealing Kevin Martin twice, and then finally traded him. He did not like being available in trade and expressed it to his teammates and also to the media.

Kevin Martin was also very close to Rick Adelman, and he would often go along with the narrative that the front office shouldn't be involved in day to day dealings with the team.

Kevin Martin would bad mouth the organization while still a Rocket and did not always act professional.

For what it is worth, there is a reason that he has been on a half dozen teams. Lets just say that winning isn't his top priority.

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Agreed. That's why you have to exhaust your other options first.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

This week, a journalist named Chad Ford said that people surrounding you have been asking for a trade. You have denied it, telling that you want to help grow Minnesota, the franchise that put its confidence in you.

Yes, I knew nothing about it. I called my agents to check if they know something, They said that is not true. They denied everything. There always be rumours.

Ok, it could be that there was nothing to publish and a journalist forged something but it could be some kind of interested leak from Minneapolis or any of the parts involved.

When a rumour pops up, not always, but normally there is something behind. Personally, what I know is that neither me or my agents have done it. I doubt that the franchise would like to leak this because they always have instilled me a lot of confidence. Talking to Flip Saunders, he would said it to me. I think we have a very good relationship, very good feeling and we have never talked anything about that.

For what I can say, it’s not true. But in this league, except Lebron and another three or four, everybody is tradeable. You never know. Kevin Love wanted to get out and Cleveland traded his #1 pick, which was very well regarded by the franchise. You never know, but I’m staying at Minnesota.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2015/6/2...iel-contra-ricky-rubio-a-translated-interview

18. malakas

malakas Member

Dont buy it. What he was going to say? Yes i want to leave?

19. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Plowman? Is it still goin down?

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

He invited DM & Gersson to his wedding during the lock out. Then he later found out he was being shopped not too long after they attended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.