1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Man I hope not. Don't think he's worth his contract.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Interesting. . I'm guessing that Minny would want an arm and a leg for Rubio.

3. NotChandlerParsons

But what do the Rockets get out of it?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Please repeat so I can understand. Global warming denials are like going to the WCF with a flawed line-up missing two starters with 1,000s (or so) games missed during the season and p/o's? Open your own window.

Give the guy credit. He deserves it. Carlisle is elite. Home in 5. Doc is elite. Home after epic collapse. KMc is a lurchy dumsquat who has control of his locker room. I'm satisfied (and never thought I'd say that about Coach McHale).

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Shooting arm? Healthy leg?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never forget the Rubio story. :grin:

There was one draft day a couple of years ago when Morey summoned Adelman and told him he was going to trade a chunk of his roster for a dazzling European point guard named Ricky Rubio.

"He could help us win a championship someday," Morey told him, "but we might win 20 games next season."

Adelman was stunned.

"Are you trying to get me fired?" he asked.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Rubio would be a great fit, but not sure if we can absorb his contract

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I agree he would be a good fit. Could you possibly put together a scenario where we can acquire Rubio without having to trade ariza? Maybe jones and draft picks and papa?

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'm not sure we can absorb his jump shot.

1 person likes this.
  11. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12561256/2015-front-office-rankings-top-coaches

This list has him listed at 14 but I'd put him closer to 20. But in any case I think he puts the rockets at a disadvantage when you compare him to the other playoff coaches.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Despite that, he's improved the other aspects of his game. Great rebounder, floor general, his turnovers have declined every year, good defensively. I think his shooting can be improved with practice, but the other skills that you can't teach, he's got! I like other potential trade options better, but I think Rubio will start coming into his own over the next few years if he keeps working hard.

13. Mr. Clutch

Well, he shoots 31% from 3. If he could improve a little bit he'd be fine.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Reports have stated he's been working extremely hard on his shot since his return from injury. The kid is only 24.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have not been a Rubio fan at all. He is an above average defender and a terrific distributor but outside of distributing the ball, his offensive game is so bad that he just seems like a liability. No 3pt shot and no ability to score in the paint.

I have to admit though, I would probably be willing to give him a try just for his ball handling skills and hope that he would eventually develop at least an average three point shot. I am curious to see how the rest of the team would look with someone like him setting the table and serving assists.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And that's in minny. I figure the spacing and opportunities would be better here in Houston.

17. Mr. Clutch

His shooting game is really bad, but really how much worse than what we have now? All our PGs can only score through spot up shooting anyway.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That's the key crash. Asking ariza and brew to create is asking for a little too much without harden on the floor. But if Rubio would be playing some time with harden on the bench. Those guys could stick to their roles more. And he's only 24 we pair him with harden and let those guys grow together our backcourt would be set for year and years.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And that's the beauty of it all. We dont want anybody taking too many shots away from harden or anybody now do we? But Rubio would still be able to affect the game in so many other ways. Like for example making everybody look better than what the really are because of the fact that Rubio makes it easier for everybody.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We need someone who can shoot, Rubio can't. Case closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.