1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

If we let bev go and do not resign prigioni.. can we fit both bradley and joseph? That would be a hell of a competition for starting pg spot

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

If we just want "3 & D", we already have it in Beverley.

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

George Hill is the dream addition. But more realistically Llull or Bradley are good options.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Bradley's under contract through 2018. I don't see the Celtics trading him.

As for Joseph, he's definitely someone to look at. His 3-point shooting was about the same as Bev's last season, although he shot way better overall(50%). The problem is I don't know if he's ready to be a starter yet. He played about 18 minutes a game last season. And I'm not sure how good of a playmaker he is. Better than Bev, but good enough to pick up the slack for the team when Harden sits?

Honestly, I look at Joseph as someone the Rockets target if Bev's too expensive to bring back in a backup role. I'd still look elsewhere for a starting PG(likely via trade).

5. edward nigma

edward nigma Member

I don't know how he would handle an expanded role, but Cory is more than just a 3 and D player. He settled into his role and did an excellent job for SA this year.

https://youtu.be/33b4iG9n9Oc

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Reggie Jackson is available let's try to get him....

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If he were a restaurant in a guidebook he'd be listed as $$$$ with value as ☆☆1/2. Detroit traded for him, they'll keep him.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hill cant even handle the basketball very well much less facilitate.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hmm, granted that's a highlight reel, so you only see his best plays. But I'm a lot more intrigued than I was before. I do like that he's significantly improved his 3-point shooting every year he's been in the league(upping it to 36.4% this season).

The only thing that concerns me is that I just looked over his stats for the 2014-15 season and he went from playing 18.3 minutes a game in the regular season to 5.5 minutes in the playoffs(and only in 4 out of the 7 games vs the Clippers). What happened? I realize he subbed for Parker during the year when he was hurt which increased his minutes, but why so little playing time in the postseason?

Maybe if the likes of Lawson or Lowry aren't available for a reasonable price, Morey rolls the dice and goes after Joseph hoping that he can grow into the starting role. He could probably be had for a relatively cheap rate right now(4-5 mil/yr) and he likely has more upside than Bev. And it certainly beats drafting a rookie with the 18th pick and hoping he can take over the PG spot.

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

11. malakas

malakas Member

Celtics refused a mid first for Bradley in january. And hes not worth trading any more assets for because he isnt what the Rockets are looking for. I thought Haarden asked for playmaking?

12. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Patty Mills. Do it Morey, do it

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Patty Mills shoots lights flipping out!

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We need a consistent PG who can create and score. Somebody who can lead our offense and effectively lead a fast break. Not a minor upgrade, this team is ready for a second tier PG not a bench PG looking to expand his role.

15. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

DJ Augustine anyone?

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Patty Mills may well prove me wrong, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock into a guy who has never played over 20 minutes per game and probably excelled because of the Spurs system. (He also REALLY struggled shooting the ball this year, but that's not usual)

17. malakas

malakas Member

Why is patty mills even an option? Where did that come from? They will renounce Joseph and at worst dump Splitter. They wont trade Mills and they will do their best to retain green as well.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Everyone wants a PG that shoots the 3, can run the offense, play defense, and play off the ball with Harden. Doubtful the Rockets can find someone that has ALL of those boxes checked. Those PGs are not available. They are all-stars.

If the Rockets can retain Beverley (defense) and get Llull (PG/shot creation/3pt shooting) to come over, you end up with a PG by committee. Who starts, who finishes, who knows? But you cover your basis.

I like what I have seen so far with Llull. LOVE his end to end speed and the ability to play the 1 or the 2 (which works well playing with Harden). Love that Llull can finish at the hoop on drives and hit the 3pt shot. PLUS, Llull is adept at making "tough shots", has lots of confidence in his play and seems to thrive in pressure situations (something Lin has problems with).

Rockets also might end up drafting a PG with their #18 pick. So there might end up being multiple options to work with.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If we are seriously talking about Patty Mills and DJ Augustine here than lets just hope Beverley comes back at a reasonable cost & improves his 3 point shot. This is the deepest talent pool at PG that the NBA has ever seen. You need to set you standards a bit higher than Patty Mills or you need to just sit tight until you can truly upgrade.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Regardless of who we add I want Beverley coming off the bench unless he's overpaid. If we had to roll into the season with Beverley and Mills sharing the minutes there I'd actually be pretty excited about it. That's a lot of energy and not really a dropoff from starter to bench.

Definitely not the kind of player Harden and Dwight want, but as a fan, I'd be pumped.