1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Give AB some credit for resurrecting his career; and/or give Thibs some credit for helping to resurrect his career.

AB here was not working. Now? Much more so.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ariza for Jrue? "Sign me up. Now," says Demps.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jrue holiday is the number one guy I've wanted

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Jrue has injury issues but worth the gamble in my opinion

5. malakas

malakas Member

They wanna keep young and jones will have to be paid soon so the ny second straight up should be what they want. Mp miles? Hes on the market but more likely for a first. The trade u proposed is heavilly in favor of houston. U can never know with king but he seems reluctant to let go off his last assets.
    right now they look to max brolo and pay young. 18+ ny for mp +jack. That would be fair.

Maybe the kings will return with another offer for plumps. Stauskas for him. Wouldnt be surprised if they dont get wcs.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Thats why he may be availabke so soon becoz they lost noel to get him. Only for a good wing as ariza they will trade him so soon after that blunder.

7. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Would the Raptors even be willing to trade Lowry? That's the guy I'd want

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Looking at the free agents , there doesn't appear to be much out there that fits the Rockets in terms of talent & cost.

PG - Can probably forget about Dragic , Rondo isn't worth the trouble , Brandon Wright & Reggie Jackson are restricted , Linsanity is a turnover machine.

Beno Udrih , CJ Watson , JJ Barea or Mo Williams ? I'm not thrilled with any of the above options.

The rest of the FA's are back end of the roster guys you really don't want on the court unless its a blowout or someone got hurt.

SG - Butler is restricted , Monta too costly cap wise , Wes Matthews injured & probably costly to boot.
    How much does Danny Green cost and is he willing to leave SA ?!
    Jamal Crawford ?! Arron Afflalo ?! The rest of them .... meh.

What trade possibilities are there to bolster the guard spots ?! I see a lot of people mention Lowry but is he really available ?!

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Far stretch but....

D-Wade? Possibly? I know it's unrealistic but he can play Point Guard. Really well. He's in his early thirties but he could probably still give us a few good years. Just make an enticing deal and it could be possible.

10. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Louis Williams. Problem solved guys

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Will he show up in the playoffs though?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lou is a great sixth man.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don't think my free agency will be exciting. May last a hour or so lol <a href="https://t.co/MQEFK6ZUPI">https://t.co/MQEFK6ZUPI</a></p>&mdash; Lou Williams (@TeamLou23) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeamLou23/status/604783112388788225">May 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Much like the scoring champion, 6th man of the year is an award for chuckers.

Of course there are exceptions...but this isn't one

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Regardless of what your roster looks like you get him if you can, the problem is can we get him?

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Many of us here, including myself, don't spend a lot of time keeping up with the happenings of every non-Rockets team, especially teams in the East and crappy/boring teams. As such, it seems that the views on some of these players shred in this thread are rather off.

For example, some people here get frustrated with Lin for turnovers but want Jarrett Jack, who has the same high turnover % as Jeremy Lin in 2014-15 and is basically worse at everything else (shooting 3s, drawing fouls, getting to the rim, playing defense).

Some folks also think that Aaron Brooks is useful when Bulls fans are extremely frustrated with him: OK offense in the regular season outweighed by horrible defense, disappeared in the playoffs (34% FG%, 6.7 PER).

This is where looking at some stats, traditional or advanced, might lend some perspective.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A well thought out CH post. Nice!

Common sense also could help people. Hmm. Rockets need to take that next step and improve. I know... Jack, or Brooks!! That'll do it. :rolleyes:

Much rather convince Llull to come over.

Low risk, low reward guys are the last signing me for depth. If that's all you think the Rockets need... Well, ok. You can think that. For all we know Thunder come back and have that 100% healthy year finally (with an improved Kanter), the Clipoers finally add depth, the Spurs have one last rabbit in their hat.

The Rockets aren't the only team trying to get better. They'll need more than the likes of Jack or Brooks to get back to where they were and take the next step. Common sense.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'll agree to disagree with you here. With all that said, if AB was a rocket again i would be jumping up and down like a child. Heck, if Chase Budinger came back I'd be stoked (I'm a sucker for Wildcats and Ducks).

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd bet he stays in Miami at least for this season then tries to cash in on one more lucrative contract in 2016 with the cap expansion.

Several guys that have been discussed here I wouldn't mind seeing but I don't believe any of them are really available - That list includes Lowry , Conley , Lawson and a few others.
    I think Lowry would be the ideal one of the group as he's a solid defender and shoots a good percentage from three while being relentless in attacking the rim. But would Toronto really let him go after their season ?! They were really good with him on the court.
    No way I see Memphis letting Conley get away unless you just give them a deal that's too good to be true.
    Could see Denver parting ways with Lawson assuming they go into full rebuild but of the three mentioned , he's the last of the three I'd want ... Just not a good enough defender and doesn't seem to me to fit well with Harden.

Is there anyone in the FA pool you would sign that gets the team over the hump ?!

Any other trade targets besides those mentioned above ?!

19. hakeemthagreat

Brandon Jennings

20. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

jrue is like patbev...can't complete a full season or gets injured playoff time...intrigued with jennings..still coming from an injury