1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley hopes to return to Rockets, but Chandler Parsons is calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2015.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The sad part would be if Cuban signed him for 3M per year and we didn't match.

Don't kid yourself that Beverley's value is very high around the league. Perhaps his one biggest problem is how injury prone he is. Can't have a role player missing that much time.

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Would hate to lose Pat Bev but a 3 and D player isn't worth an outrageous amount of money. We can't rely on him to propel this team to an elite status. Not saying he can't but it would certainly be a risk.

Remember Bev; the Rockets were the ones that got you out of your previous situation and into the NBA :)

I have no doubt Beverley can step up his game yet again. It just honestly sucks that he has been injury ridden these past seasons.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

I like Bev, but I would advise him to just go to whoever pays him the most money. He's never made any real money as a basketball player. He's somewhat injury prone, so he needs to cash in while he still can. It will be interesting to see what he gets offered.

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Cuban will offer him the max. damn you cuban!

5. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Good for Beverly, a fine player and likely another PG Morey will let get away with no plan to replace.

6. J Hard

J Hard Member

He and Dallas fit like a glove. A b!tch in a b!tch city to be frank.

7. JazzLakerHater

I wouldn't mind resigning him, but just keep him away from the starting lineup please. I wouldn't be able to stomach another season of Bev pretending to be the starting "point guard".

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets would match 3 mil. That's a pretty cheap deal. I'm no Beverley fan and I even I think he's worth 3-4 mil.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

He definitely is, but like you said, he's a FA so they don't want to show their hand yet.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Beverley's family is in Houston so it's a pretty different situation.

And realistically, no one blames Parsons for taking the money, the issue is how he did it. As they say, it's about the journey, not the destination.

11. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

As long as cuban pays max

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Worst recruiter thinking he is the best

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

think they have the same level of brains..highly regard themselves as among the best and 'respected'

14. rocketsmetalspd

IF Beverley leaves hoping Sergio Lull will be on the team next season. Sergio has high motor on both ends of the court.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I hop he gets at least 8M/yr from Cuban

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Chuckwagon Part II?

Let's hope not...

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think we should sign Monte Ellis. The other scorer we need.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I wonder how much Parsons efforts are correlated with Hardens comments on need more guard help. Would have to bad mouthing harden if that were the driver behind the pitch to Bev.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LOL at people stressing on Cuban/Mavs pursuing PBev.... let Cuban 'pull a Parsons' and overpay PBev - he's just gonna hamper his teams financial ability to obtain further talent....

Cuban obviously has some sense - u dont make the money he has otherwise... but his ability to assess talent and pay accordingly is questionable....

Cuban vs DM concerning a Rockets RFA?... LMAO... bring it! I have no fear... DM is REAL MVP of this team - and he isnt gonna dribble the ball off his foot! LOL

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

God I hope Dallas overpays him. Sorry losing the worst starting PG in the league isn't going to bother me much. Move jones and a pick for an upgrade or bring over Llull.